I'll post info here as I have it.

9" round HF unboxing and battery install

~13.3-15.6khz/26.6-31khz/50-59khz

Each frequency has 7 frequency shifts

Battery is top of lower rod so mid shaft

No tx control and no normalizing ID

Nickel ID ~66/80/87 on the three frequencies

Zinc and higher 85/90/95

The highest frequency really is only effective ID wise for prospecting, micro jewelry, gold/low conductor.

Lowest is good general use but still likes aluminum too much for my park hunting taste. I like 8khz and 12khz better

Do the frequency shifts limit/constrain what you are normally able to adjust in expert mode vs. not doing the shifts?

Do the frequency shifts limit/constrain what you are normally able to adjust in expert mode vs. not doing the shifts?

Not that I've found yet. Tx power is not an option at all with new HF coil. I've only begun to play around though so I will let you know if I find a limitation.

Nice little video Craig.
Thanks for sharing.
I wished that screen you were using,,had a depth meter graph,,or something like the horseshoe with shading visible.
Machine didn't seem to be overly chatty either.

Nice little video Craig.
Thanks for sharing.
I wished that screen you were using,,had a depth meter graph,,or something like the horseshoe with shading visible.
Machine didn't seem to be overly chatty either.

XY line is shorter the weaker/deeper the signal. Its not all that usefull at depth. Its just another tool in the tool box. Audio is still king.

Few pointer with deus depths.

10 sens = low stand alone = 1" nickel
20 sens = med stand alone = 2" nickel
30 sens = high stand alone = 3" nickel
40 sens = no falsing = 3.7" nickel
45 sens = some falsing = 4" nickel
50 sens = falsing = 4.5" nickel after killing falsing with detune button press. (Deeper wide open with falsing)

Can be super tuned just like pro pointer trick.

Stand alone is very similar performance to Garrett AT. Audio is a little weaker depth slightly deeper. Does give you 2 audio styles and recharge built in.

Stand alone I'd personally just use the cheaper garrett.

If you have a deus, the integration is fantastic and then you still have a very good pointer to use with your other machines. Great value for deus users.

Note I beleive you will have to have deus remote to have pointer integration.

if i may jump in and not to highjack your threat DetectingMo i would like to share what i've found in youtube.

I found something similar to XP deus and its upcoming coils. in this video you will see Gary of UK who also famous in XP instructional videos.

we all know that the new coils are for HF and for prospecting. just take a look at this XP look-a-like and the coil. here you can see Gary demonstrate the two coils (the elliptical and the 9" round ones) how to use this new prospecting detector with HF freq. - the DPR 600.

if the new XP 4.0 would be like the video then i guess the upcoming coils and update would not be so unique at all. - well that's what i thought.

your thoughts DectectingMo (since you actually have seen the new coil)

here the video.

or try this link: https://youtu.be/J1M9HVXjdhc

Thats a stripped down oem model with gold field programs marketed to african gold rush. In the basic sense it uses v4 but not full flavor deus v4 software.

Here is a more in depth look at the pointer integration to the Deus

couple updates.

XP is immediately responding to testers feedback.

Of note on V4.0.17 the pin pointer tones label didn't match the manual. Now they do on V4.0.18.

The new V4 installer is now the installer on Deus website but V4 software won't be listed until made available (yes I realize people have found the beta download links). This will ensure anyone that has v4 and v4 coil doesn't brick the coil like I did downgrading to 3.2 with the 3.2 installer. That installer tries to push code to all coils but the V4 installer recognizes V4 only coils and only sends to V2.0 and V3.2 older capable devices. This is why I haven't made more videos with the HF coil. That and this thing called time...

I was going to do a video on the XP Detecting app to show the new integration with V4 but it doesn't auto log target ID's on the gps map like I thought it would making it an entirely manual process and thus not really a feature I see used in the field. I for one don't want to manually type ID, Depth, and log every item. Maybe it's just not fully functional but there is a setting for coil sweeps over a target to auto log a target I believe. That would be fantastic to cover an area to auto map targets or document and add details later. Sadly, I don't think that's what is intended. :(

couple updates.

XP is immediately responding to testers feedback.

Of note on V4.0.17 the pin pointer tones label didn't match the manual. Now they do on V4.0.18.

The new V4 installer is now the installer on Deus website but V4 software won't be listed until made available (yes I realize people have found the beta download links). This will ensure anyone that has v4 and v4 coil doesn't brick the coil like I did downgrading to 3.2 with the 3.2 installer. That installer tries to push code to all coils but the V4 installer recognizes V4 only coils and only sends to V2.0 and V3.2 older capable devices. This is why I haven't made more videos with the HF coil. That and this thing called time...

I was going to do a video on the XP Detecting app to show the new integration with V4 but it doesn't auto log target ID's on the gps map like I thought it would making it an entirely manual process and thus not really a feature I see used in the field. I for one don't want to manually type ID, Depth, and log every item. Maybe it's just not fully functional but there is a setting for coil sweeps over a target to auto log a target I believe. That would be fantastic to cover an area to auto map targets or document and add details later. Sadly, I don't think that's what is intended. :(

are you saying you have to have the v4 new coil to get version 4 or can we who have the 3.2 upgrade keeping our existing coils?

are you saying you have to have the v4 new coil to get version 4 or can we who have the 3.2 upgrade keeping our existing coils?

NO, I'm saying if you are using V4 firmware and have a V4 HF coil paired and do a downgrade you have to use V4 installer to do the firmware downgrade. The older 3.2 installer will trying to push 3.2 firmware to V4 HF coils and brick them. This shouldn't be an issue once V4 is public and the only installer but some people may have both on their computer and run the old and brick it like I did. Good to see they already removed 3.2 installer completely to lessen the chances.

I'm assuming you tried to go back to v4b and it didn't work?

So once it's bricked...it's bricked then. Yikes

Correct, it should be a non-issue. Just use the newest installer so you dont do what I did. XP replaced it for me.

Back
Top Bottom