11" DD could for Fisher F2

walleyecrazy

Just wondering for those with Fisher F2- is the 11" DD coil a worthwhile purchase for the F2? I just scored an excellent deal on a used, but never actually used F2 and am looking at the different equipment available for it. The person I bought it from said they had only taken it in the back yard once, and I believe them because their is not a single blemish on it.

Thanks for the input. Just noticed my typo in the thread title. Is there any way to change that?

Just wondering for those with Fisher F2- is the 11" DD coil a worthwhile purchase for the F2? I just scored an excellent deal on a used, but never actually used F2 and am looking at the different equipment available for it. The person I bought it from said they had only taken it in the back yard once, and I believe them because their is not a single blemish on it.

I've used the 11"DD on my F2 pretty much the whole time I've had it.. I think its a definite must have! VDI numbers will change slightly.. I've also used the larger 13x14 NEL storm on it which worked great! It was pretty stinkin deep too! Gonna miss my F2 but look forward to my atp

When I decided on the F2, advice I got was to get the 11DD and the 4. I've had the 4, 8, 10 and 11DD on my F2. My testing has the 11DD going the deepest. It's decent at sorting through trash. It's pretty much all I use anymore. The 4 (sniper) has a great reputation for sorting out the good from the bad in very trashy sites, so it's worth consideration as your second coil. Shoulda listened.

That said, the stock 8 isn't a bad coil, I'd probably be happy still running with it, but if it's not a hardship to purchase the 11DD, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom