Permission Rules?

soughtseven1035

Forum Supporter
I just got approved to hunt at a local park and they said any old relics or gold jewelry must be returned to them. What's the deal? She said any coins I can keep but that's it.

She is a thief! I could see if she said to turn in anything that is over 50 years old for example. But to let you did and she gets everything good? I guess I'd dig and not find anything good. You are the one who makes the decision to return what you find. Like a modern ring. A historical relic may be different. It may even be to your benefit to turn in a historical item. I don't get people sometimes.
BH

no i was talking to a lady on the phone. the park management said that it is up to me if i want to return anything. unless they approach me, i dont have to turn anything in. i doubt they will even care. if i find something that is over 50 years old and relevant to the park, sure ill turn it in.

Only show her what you want her to see. Public park put it your pocket and leave. You have to show her anything.

Sounds like a bad policy, unless you are the one who lost something you hope get's returned... Permission to hunt, is one thing, permission to keep everything is another issue. There are other places to hunt, if the rules aren't to your liking. It personally would be my idea of fun, if I had to sneak out with my finds. Wouldn't get the same pleasure from looking through my treasure, knowing which items weren't exactly honest.

Maybe she keeps a list of reported lost items and contact information she could share with you. Chances are these people lose stuff around their homes as well. Might want to find some of them enough to grant you permission to hunt their private properties. If you run the scam right, like with business cards and sales fliers, you could get them to pay you to find specific items, and you keep everything else you find on their property...

Seriously, you should respect the rules, or hunt somewhere else. Think most people dislike more rules, than they approve of, it's just the way of things...

If, for some reason, they ever force you to turn over recovered objects then send them a bill for your location and recovery services. I would say a $100 flat fee plus $20/hr would be a reasonable amount to charge. Of course you would want to indicate on your bill that this includes the 20% government discount on the hourly rate.

Of course you would never get your money but hopefully would make them think about how ridiculous it is to have a blanket "turn over everything but the coins" policy. Oh yeah, make sure they get all of the canslaw, pulltabs and gum wrappers.

Back
Top Bottom