Land and trust areas

Trusts, reservations, or whatever. I do know we are a mis understood hobby, so unless it is posted with "no metal detecting" , and you use common sense. Cover your holes. Etc. go for it. My experience the past few years of MDing is that you never know. Some uniform people will be pleasant and some will ask you to leave.

Our preserves/etc here seem to have rules based on location, this one kinda nails it as a no:

* Do not remove any plants, animals, rocks, or artifacts.

Just an FYI - I was at a meeting where metal detecting was frowned upon greatly by some folks on the middlesex land trust. I honestly don't recall if it was official on their property that you can't MD but I wouldn't ask about it.

I hate to see all of you guys/girls dealing with all of this grief. Sadly, there are some ppl who are either uneducated or just don't care about turf management after you dig a plug or cut a flap and they ruin it for everyone.

definitely wouldn't want someone to step in their left behind hole and face plant.

After seeing a thread talking about MD TV shows (I hadn't even known about the shows, just thought it'd be fun to get into MD with the kids on our beach trip which spurred on my decision to purchase) I poked around at a couple to see what they were about. *facepalm* Ugh... One series, forget which, had horrible digging practices... sloppy holes, dirt all over...if this is what officials at these places are seeing then it's no wonder the negativity is being reinforced...

Reseach & be cautious

I grew up in PA, there are a lot of state game lands that are strictly off limits to removing anything and fines are steep.

Back
Top Bottom