• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Find Blows Mind 2 Years Later!

That's a great foreign coin. Foreign coins are always cool to find and consider the history!

Awesome find -Congrats!
Before reading your post ,I would have said it was a Chinese or Japanese
dagger guard....

The wear looks more like it was worn as a necklace and slowly eroded evenly more than a bullet hitting it. If it had been a bullet it would have a raised portion on the exiting side. probably wore it to remind him of their homeland

If the coin was shot, wouldn't the impact of the bullet bent the entire coin? Also, it appears that the shot was dead center. What is the likelihood of that happening? I'm thinking that the coin was bored out using a punch or drill to make that square hole into a round hole for wearing on a chain/string/leather etc. Done properly, that would expand the hole without bending the coin.

Still, pretty cool find.

The impact would not necessarily bend the entire coin, but I agree it was probably punched out rather than shot out. Strange.

If the coin was shot, wouldn't the impact of the bullet bent the entire coin? Also, it appears that the shot was dead center. What is the likelihood of that happening? I'm thinking that the coin was bored out using a punch or drill to make that square hole into a round hole for wearing on a chain/string/leather etc. Done properly, that would expand the hole without bending the coin.

Still, pretty cool find.

Well said and most likely the answer

Back
Top Bottom