Just love the monkey?

Doug

Elite Member
Winter beach rings.

Rings from last Sunday on a cold and blustery day on an English beach.

Thanks for looking............Doug.

Summer time.
1t27te.jpg

Last Sunday
29elvm1.jpg

Rings. 2 silver,1 stainless.
qxkyv7.jpg

2qbsmiw.jpg

Just below the surface find.
2e2h3xx.jpg

My little friend the monkey.
dxcubn.jpg

Last edited:
The ring on the left looks to be a mood ring.. :yes: congrats on the silver ring.

Congrats on the rings ,is it odd to have so many people at the beach in that weather ?
HH

Congrats on the rings ,is it odd to have so many people at the beach in that weather ?
HH

Top photograph is a middle of the summer one with all the visitors we have down this part of England.

This beach is a prime surfers beach for the holiday makers.

Last edited:
Doug, the rings are nice but that beach is beautiful,,,,,,either you are holding out on posting all the gold from there or its still there,,,,,:laughing:look forward to seeing you this year,,,,GL HH

Doug, the rings are nice but that beach is beautiful,,,,,,either you are holding out on posting all the gold from there or its still there,,,,,:laughing:look forward to seeing you this year,,,,GL HH

Good morning GD.

Sadly we are experiencing very little to no sand movement this winter which means the rings are not showing up and are quite deep.

On Sunday I was the only one on the beach!

These photographs are live shots from both ends of the beach web-cams @ 8:02 this morning, just looking at it them it looks to be a lot of sand still in.

Flight and accommodation booked for later this year so will be be seeing your good friends and yourself no doubt on the beach.

Last edited:
I noticed in the first picture not a lot of bikinis or swim suits...... summer or not people look a little cold. Whats the water temp that time of the year? You need to get that dry suit on .... grab an Xcal..... and get wet buddy.:lol: Me and GD has considered a back hoe near shore night hunt the sand is so bad.:laughing:

You gotta hit that place on a super low tide!:yes:

Need to be back from the waters edge so the outgoing tide drains away from the sand otherwise the finds are far too deep.

On Sunday there were parts of the beach where just walking I would sink in soft watery sand, the rings came from mid beach on the firmer sand.

I noticed in the first picture not a lot of bikinis or swim suits...... summer or not people look a little cold. Whats the water temp that time of the year? You need to get that dry suit on .... grab an Xcal..... and get wet buddy.:lol: Me and GD has considered a back hoe near shore night hunt the sand is so bad.:laughing:

Just for you Dew, this is todays sea temperature and this is 'warm' to what is forecast for the weekend!

8C = 47F / 5C = 41F

"The water temperature (8 °C) at Woolacombe is very cold. You will need a quality steamer wetsuit, a neoprene hood, gloves and boots. Cloudy, with an effective air temperature of (5 °C), so feeling about the same in the water or out of it."

Hi Doug! that was a fun day of digging!

Thank you CD1, I think I prefer weather wise to be on your beach looking at the photograph from your local beach I seen the other day.

Will I see you this year over this side of the pond?

Back
Top Bottom