NJ Shore Bottles

That's a NICE picture beer!!

Getting some of my tall blobs out of storage and back on the shelves, here are some pictures.
1st, South Jersey tall blobs Chas D Franck Wheat Road Station NJ, J.W Kinchoff Bridgeton NJ, N.D Pasquale Main Ave NJ, A Martinelli Minotola NJ
16673965745_d0909ced53.jpg

More shore stuff.
Atlantic City bottling co NJ, Kensignton Bottling Works Long Branch, NJ, M Barret Asbury Park NJ, H.W Brice Long Branch NJ.
16051652354_b3717abeaa.jpg

Even more shore stuff.
S.W Haysman Long Branch NJ (Phoenix closure), M Barret Asbury Park NJ (baltimore loop closure), Wm R Jernee Spring Lake NJ (baltimore loop closure), John Heldt Long Branch NJ.
16466685327_1d15858f09.jpg

Last 2 for now, will get more up later

Some color
John Heldt Long Branch NJ, C Kruger Newark NJ, W.A French Red Bank NJ, Lemleck and Betz Jersey City.
16672952712_1910e861fb.jpg

Ans lastly, I have a passion for "clam shell bottles" which happens when a baby clam moves into a submerged bottle and grows inside of it. When it dies, it's shell is forever stuck in the bottle

Here are my 2, Oscar Schroeder Perth Amboy NJ, and Geo R lamb Red Bank, NJ.
16672954042_d15e17aefd_z.jpg

Got some more stuff today at the Tylersport bottle show.

5 NJ blob tops from Avondale, Long branch, Atlantic City (with skeleton key slugplate), Springfield, and Trenton
16942421196_e830a9d4b1_z.jpg

Now some NJ and out of state stuff
Frank K Muller Philadelphia with embossed beer barrel. WA French Red Bank amber Baltimore loop, Bartholomay Brewing co Philadelphia with Criminal Offense warning embossed on the bottom, and Swinley Hutch with citrate of magnesia lip from Paterson.
16942421216_d8b88c326d_z.jpg

And last but not least some eye candy that was at the show. This cobalt blue tall blob from Allentown was priced at $2,000. The owner was kind enough to let me take a picture of it!
16969208042_43e9ccf8e7_z.jpg

Nice additions to your collection/inventory. Some beautiful as well as pricey bottles at that show. I couldn't even imagine finding something like that, jackpot!

Once again you have peaked my interest... now ive been out of the bottle game for many years but to the best ive my knowledge back in the 1980s there was only one of those jj hottenstein cobalt blue tall blob bottles know to exist and just happened to be found in a small patch of woods about a half mile from where i presently live..that particular bottle was found near a spring in the woods on top of the ground...perhaps several more have been found since .... but that is a bottle i have heard about but never seen before this picture...thanks for sharing bellwood. ...

Interesting story! I only know of 2 others personally. One my friend bought at the old York bottle show before the prices skyrocketed, and the other one was owned by someone on ABN. I'm pretty sure this is the bottle that was found near the spring because the owner has dug in PA for awhile.

And I've had problems with slick blobs before. Makes you wonder where they came from.

OUCH how did that happen? I had a minor shelving accident when I had this cheap wooden display and one of the brackets gave out. Lost a few common bottles and an early green wax seal jar. Now I've been using some narrow shelves ( wide enough for 1 blob) that a friend built me and cardboard boxes with 6 packs as dividers for the blobs that are awaiting new shelving.

I recently visited an old friend who moved to North Carolina about 2 years ago. He was a fellow shore bottle collector like me and before the move kept 200 of his best shore bottles. Because I was in the area I stopped by for dinner and was able to get 11 shore bottles that were alluding me for years, including a James Griffin Belmar blob. These are the rarest bottles from Belmar because all 3 examples came from a house demo about 10 years ago. Now I have one:D. The other jewel was a late 1870's aqua hutter blob from Matawan. Probably one of the only examples of the bottle.
Here are the pictures
R Dillione Long Branch, E.J Kurras Long Branch
16916769080_ab8279d5ce.jpg

W & L Long Branch, Peter Laguelli Long Branch, J.H Cooper Long Branch
17104738391_a9b16087c5.jpg

F.J Smock Red Bank, Acme Liquor Store Atlantic City, Frank Haas Grandview
17078930316_4c3a251e95.jpg

These are my favorites. Some REALLY hard to find ones here
Wm Zimmerman Matawan, James Griffin Belmar, Lehns Bottling Works Atlantic Highlands
17078708856_453afa2ac6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom