Is MP3 worth buying?

arkmert

Hi there,

I've just been to http://cgi.ebay.com/MP3-Digital-Met...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d274cbdda
and amazed how cheap this MD is. Has anyone had this MP3 piece? To be honest, I really don't know what to think about that since I can't find real reviewes on it only what the sellers say crap........
Anyway, please if you've had one of these detectors write me if they're worth buying and how they achieve in practice.

Thank you

Good advice would be to stay away from these cheapos , stick with the better known brands ....whites, fisher, garrett, tesoro for low budget detectors and you should be happier in the long run.

Yeah that's why I'm quiet cautious about that. They're probably as good as their price, but you never know.......

It would be nice to see an actual review of this MD as compared to some of the name brands. There is always a chance that some start-up is building a better MD for less money...remember Honda in the 70s?

They are junk sold by Kellyco. They are giving them away free if you by a name-brand detector from them and I think they are overpriced at free.

If you want to go new and less than a $100 go to Walmart and get a Bounty Hunter.

If you want to go new and less than a $100 go to Walmart and get a Bounty Hunter.

The bounty hunter IS an MP3. Every one of those junk detectors sold by KellyCo is a rebadged detector made by First Texas. First Texas sells Fisher (bought the original company) Bounty Hunter, Teknetics and several other brands. Look at thier control boxes, they are the same.

I don't know if First Texas makes the MP3's but I'm sorry I don't see how the control boxes look the same. In any case, there are a lot of people here that have Bounty Hunters, myself included, that think they are pretty good. Maybe the MP3 is made by First Texas and is no good but I can assure you that my Discovery 3300 isn't.

The bounty hunter IS an MP3. Every one of those junk detectors sold by KellyCo is a rebadged detector made by First Texas. First Texas sells Fisher (bought the original company) Bounty Hunter, Teknetics and several other brands. Look at thier control boxes, they are the same.

It's odd but a couple years back many Chinese made units looked exactly like the new Fishers and Bounty Hunters do today. It seems now that shape has mostly disapeared from ebay other than those with the BH or Fisher name on them.

I tested several Chinese units and the look and feel were almost exactly like my newer Fishers.

Back
Top Bottom