My confession.

Metal detecto

Elite Member
I'm 12. Sorry, I should have just told you in the beginning. I totally deserve this, so if one of the mods thinks it's right, I will be totally fine getting kicked.

This might be the last post from me, so I just wanted to say thank you for the last time. All the people who convinced me to get a scoop, you also are awesome. I loved this forum, and will always remember FMDF as I sweep the coil.

One last meme to remember me.

- Joshua

Attachments

• 3w8imb.jpg
    3w8imb.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 448
Not sure what the exact rules are as far as age, but I know from at least a few other member's posts I've read on the forum in the past that young people are allowed on the forum.

I just checked and here is one of the social groups they have for young people:

Youth detectorists

http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=247

(check for other youth groups too, but youth members post in the regular forums also)

Are you all okay with me here? Like If I was lied to I would have been really mad... I guess this really IS a friendly metal detecting forum.

Are you all okay with me here? Like If I was lied to I would have been really mad... I guess this really IS a friendly metal detecting forum.

I myself don't ever remember reading a post where you actually stated your age unless I just didn't see it. Simply not saying your age isn't lying, many of us just likely assumed on our own that you might have been an adult since you didn't state otherwise :lol:

I won't be posting for a while... but I'll still be here.

So Josh... why don't you update your bio... its a bit misleading...:yes:

Biography
Me? Well, shucks, am I writing a book or something? Just a old, creepy guy with a metal detector.

I won't be posting for a while... but I'll still be here.

Josh, CRAIG is an administrator in case you didn't know. If he said you can stay his word is gospel. A great guy even though he is opinionated on scoops!!

Stay and learn and have fun. Fix anything misleading in your profile and let the ones that want to help you do so. You are more than welcome to enjoy it here and learn. Craig said so.

Here. I need to fix everything right, so I'll list out all my facts here. This is the true "metal detecto"

I live in CA.

I am 12.

Using a vanquish 440, moded HF9FMD.

Never found a ring.

Got interested in the hobby when I saw a video on youtube.

Very thankful for this forum, and all the people here.

Here. I need to fix everything right, so I'll list out all my facts here. This is the true "metal detecto"

I live in CA.

I am 12.

Never found a ring.

This is what forums like this are all about, we don't care about how old or young anyone is that has the passion for this hobby... I wouldn't take any time off or away, and don't be ashamed... we have all been 12, and the stupid stuff I did at 12 would NOT be allowed on this forum...:lol: just continue to have the coil to the soil, or sand if you prefer... and know that we have your back...

There’s nothing wrong with being 12. You seem very respectful and we all share the same hobby, that’s good enough for me!

Plus, look at the bright side. Now that everyone knows you’re 12 years old they’ll stop thinking you’re a cheapskate for not buying a high dollar scoop and realize that you just literally have no money.....because you’re only 12 😃

I think you should stick around and keep on posting.

Joshua - I thought you were older. No wonder you took your beat down in the Beach section so well. :laughing: You're definitely a trooper so keep posting!! Craig will definitely help you prepare for the real world. He sure helped darken my rosy sunglasses! :lol: I wish I would've discovered the hobby at 12!

Joshua - I thought you were older. No wonder you took your beat down in the Beach section so well. :laughing: You're definitely a trooper so keep posting!! Craig will definitely help you prepare for the real world. He sure helped darken my rosy sunglasses! :lol: I wish I would've discovered the hobby at 12!

No... I have enough on my plate... but I will give him time to grow into those big boy pants :lol:

I'm 12. Sorry, I should have just told you in the beginning. I totally deserve this, so if one of the mods thinks it's right, I will be totally fine getting kicked.

This might be the last post from me, so I just wanted to say thank you for the last time. All the people who convinced me to get a scoop, you also are awesome. I loved this forum, and will always remember FMDF as I sweep the coil.

One last meme to remember me.

- Joshua

What did you do wrong? Being 12 doesn't exclude you from the hobbie. Heck, I've seen grown ups act 8.

What did you do wrong? Being 12 doesn't exclude you from the hobbie. Heck, I've seen grown ups act 8.

No, just that I misleadingly made it sound like I was a bit older. Thanks all to those who helped lift my spirits, now that I know I've done the right thing, I can scroll through here with a light heart.

Thank you for being so understanding and all.

I live in CA.

I am 12.

Never found a ring.

Well at least I'm not the only one even though I'm 15.

For 12 yrs. old , that was a darn good attempt at a scoop ! I wish I would have been detecting at 12 instead of being a mischievous little rascal ! :lol:
You were honest and came clean , that's good ! Hold your head up high ! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom