My confession.

I'm 12. Sorry, I should have just told you in the beginning. I totally deserve this, so if one of the mods thinks it's right, I will be totally fine getting kicked.

This might be the last post from me, so I just wanted to say thank you for the last time. All the people who convinced me to get a scoop, you also are awesome. I loved this forum, and will always remember FMDF as I sweep the coil.

One last meme to remember me.

- Joshua
I sorta figured you were young anyway.
Stick around.
Your enthusiasm is great.

I'm thinking maybe the bad guys on that surf and sand forum should donate to your GOFUNDME page...and help you pay for that scoop. That must have broke the bank for you.

Metal Deteco. Dude don't worry about being whatever age. Go out and detect. Learn. Repeat.

Btw you're posts are a hoot. Very funny. You took the criticism so well.
You just might have earned those "Big Boy Pants"

I'm thinking maybe the bad guys on that surf and sand forum should donate to your GOFUNDME page...and help you pay for that scoop. That must have broke the bank for you.

Why don't you turn in a handful or two of your gold and get it off running :laughing:

The apparent fact that a 12 year old is interested in doing something outdoors is astonishing on its own. You have access to all of today’s best tech and tools to make this a great time. Check out Dirtfishing Illinois on YouTube. Couple of youngsters making finds that would make a lot of people green with envy. As said above....Go hunt. Learn. Repeat. It’s how we all got here, regardless of our age.

Obn

Are you on your 3rd or 4th safe deposit box , I herd the bank cut you off on real estate , I guess you will have to give us a seeded hunt once a year of yellow ! :workforgold::workforgold::workforgold::workforgold::workforgold: DO IT OVER HERE AT THE BEACH , GOTTA GET CRAIG TO SEE WHAT WHITE SAND LOOKS LIKE :laughing:

Are you on your 3rd or 4th safe deposit box , I herd the bank cut you off on real estate , I guess you will have to give us a seeded hunt once a year of yellow ! :workforgold::workforgold::workforgold::workforgold::workforgold: DO IT OVER HERE AT THE BEACH , GOTTA GET CRAIG TO SEE WHAT WHITE SAND LOOKS LIKE :laughing:

I know what white sand beaches are like... Ocean Beach in New London CT is that way... if you ever come up again I'll get you a hotel for the weekend and drop you off so you will be happy hunting instead of the mud and rocks here :lol:

If it's already been said, sorry..."When I started detecting, found my first coin in my own yard, I was 12 again, at age 56." Isn't that what dirt fishing is all about? Detecto, you'll be a king in the hobby by 16 if "something else" doesn't grab your attention, and it probably will. Point is, there is an endless amount of expertise here.

Your actual age of 12, is kinda what we all want to feel. Playing in the dirt was a lot of what I did back then at that actual age. Now I get fun simple, surprise presents out of the ground after the beeps beeps beeps. I can live with that ;-)

Cfm-ct reply

MMMMM , NOPE , You can venture here , when Joe seeds the beach with Gold , I need proof after years of fools gold finds , A tester is needed , white sand beaches here no clothes pin nose stoppage needed !:laughing:

MMMMM , NOPE , You can venture here , when Joe seeds the beach with Gold , I need proof after years of fools gold finds , A tester is needed , white sand beaches here no clothes pin nose stoppage needed !:laughing:

I really think you need a different hobby... like golf or something less stressful maybe bocce ball... :yes:

I know what white sand is..... when you walk in it you sink its no fun to walk on or in...

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/connecticut/ocean-beach-park-ct/

Hey Josh! I’ve got to say I’m pretty envious of you starting at such a young age! I didn’t start until I was 50 something and think now how much I missed out on not starting earlier!I think everybody on this site is hoping you find everything you’re looking for and more out of this hobby! We need young guys like you to continue saving the history of the things that are in the ground. Don’t give up and please keep posting your finds no matter what they are! Good luck buddy!

Here. I need to fix everything right, so I'll list out all my facts here. This is the true "metal detecto"

I live in CA.

I am 12.

Using a vanquish 440, moded HF9FMD.

Never found a ring.

Got interested in the hobby when I saw a video on youtube.

Very thankful for this forum, and all the people here.

josh! no worries! you are starting out using a real good detector! the 440 should make the hobby enjoyable for you.keep hunting! don't give up! you can learn
a lot here!..many knowledgeable people who have many.many years of experience.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom