Back In The Running.

Silversmith45

Elite Member
Most of my friends know that this hasn't been a good year for me. Besides car troubles and some other things, I had to put my XLT in the Pawn Shop and haven't been able to use it all Summer. My old Tek still found a lot of coins but I think it needs a tune-up. It just doesn't have the depth it did thirty-five years ago when it was new. Anyway yesterday I got my XLT back. I'm putting off a few bills to do so. I used it last night to bury my latest GPS Caches (Already found). I found the little copper statue with it next to where I buried a cache. Today was my day off and my first real chance to use it again. It never has been an easy machine for me and it was a learning progress all over again. It's quite a bit heavier than my Tek Hip-mount and I could feel it after about four hours swinging it. I was ready to head for the car, but I decided to try one more spot and I'm glad I did.
xlt1.JPG
Along with the other change I found today
xlt2.JPG
I found my first silver of the summer. It's only a 1951 Roosevelt but it's a start.

It's tough right now for all of us. But, rumor has it that there be light at the end of the tunnel. Good hunting.

I just want to say this; the man is detecting with a 25 year old detector that only detects the top 2 inches and this Summer he found an Indian Head penny in a park that has been detected by 100's of detectors since the 1970's.
Now he gets his XLT back and on his FIRST day back with it, he finds a silver dime. And if I am not mistaken, he found this dime in a park that has been super pounded by EVERYONE including me.

The moral of the story? There is no substituting for experience.

Good job Silversmith!

Welcome back to the "swing of things" Silversmith! I hope this is the start of better things to come for you. Congrats on the Rosie too!!:D

All The Best,
Gemmy

Congrats on the silver find! I hope that you get a chance to really learn the XLT I think that you will really enjoy it the more you use it. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom