A lady in Georgia found a bag with $25 worth of silver Quarters!

GeorgiaJay

Forum Supporter
I was out hunting, a few days ago, at a local park.
I got a hit for a Quarter, on my mdr, and started digging a really deep hole.
Two very nice older ladies came walking by and one of them started asking me questions about what I was doing.
At first they thought that I was an electrician or that I was doing some sort of research. :)
I told them that I was metal detecting and looking for older coins and tokens.
One of the ladies tells me that she found a bag with $25 in it, while she was digging in her backyard.
I wasn't paying too much attention to them, but I was trying to be polite while I was digging this hole.
I asked the lady if the bag had coins or dollars in it?
She said that it was a bag full of Quarters.
Then, I told her that all Dimes and Quarters that were minted before 1965 are made out of silver.
She says that all of these Quarters were definitely silver and all of them were made before 1965.
I kept digging my target and it turned out to be just some can slaw that was buried really deep in the ground.
Both of the ladies had just walked away and I thought to myself, "Darn...I should have asked her if I could look for more coins in her yard!"
Oops!!! :roll:
There is nothing that I can do about it now, but it is always interesting to hear about old caches of coins being buried in someone's yard.

Actually most caches are found by people by accident. Metal detectors might find less than 2-3% of them. Going thru the treasure stories material the vast majority of big and medium sized caches were found long before the metal detector was invented.

Back
Top Bottom