The future is here lol

I think it was Coors beer who had the "dimple in" tabs. Those tabs seem to be more logical and easier to manufacturing costs.

They were called push top cans.

Cool! Found out they are recloseable! They are also designed to stay on the can, but we all know these tabs will be littering the ground too. I really hope there is no metal hidden inside them.
Promising design!

So I was waiting to check out at Walmart and glanced over in the cooler. These new mt dew drinks have plastic pull tabs instead of metal [emoji2962]
58aadecede3dee03b5e383a643ef800f.jpg

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

we can only hope.

Cool! Found out they are recloseable! They are also designed to stay on the can, but we all know these tabs will be littering the ground too. I really hope there is no metal hidden inside them.

Promising design!

Looks like there is a small sliver of metal. Hopefully they pick up

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Looks like there is a small sliver of metal. Hopefully they pick up

That strip of metal you see there is not part of the tab. I think it's there as a retainer to hold down the tab release. It should stay on the can even if the litterbugs tear off the tab. I'm not sure the tab itself is metal free, but I think it is all plastic.
Another concern is how will this effect aluminum can recycling? Will a guy have to remove all plastic to get full scrap price? If this goes mainstream, it will be an issue.

Remember when you went to a grocery store and they said "paper or plastic". They were encouraging you to take a plastic bag and save the paper to save trees.

Now 30 - 40 years later the same people are saying do away with plastic bags they pollute the environment.

I was in save-a-lot the other day and now they are charging for bags, Three cents for a small bag and ten cents for a large one. Not knowing until you get to the checkout with a number of items doesn't help. As for plastic pulltabs, they will probably be illegal in California like plastic straws. Did you know on Facebook you can't say that someone is a criminal for doing something illegal.

Anybody else find it disturbing that the manufacturer felt it was necessary to label exactly where you’re supposed to drink from?? Are there folks out there that are confused about where the liquid is likely to come out from?? :lol:

...sadly, I know the answer to my own rhetorical question :wow:

That said, this pull tab innovation could very well qualify as “the best thing since sliced bread”! :yes:

Anybody else find it disturbing that the manufacturer felt it was necessary to label exactly where you’re supposed to drink from?? Are there folks out there that are confused about where the liquid is likely to come out from?? :lol:

...sadly, I know the answer to my own rhetorical question :wow:

That said, this pull tab innovation could very well qualify as “the best thing since sliced bread”! :yes:

That reminds me of the 1960s cans instructing drinkers to "Lift Ring--Pull Open". So that's how they dood it! :lol:

Attachments

• PopTop.jpg
    PopTop.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 46
What's next nicotine free cigarettes or low grade nicotine in tobaccoplants? I mean who comes up with this stuff..:laughing:
Wonder if a straw still fits through and does it float? If it floats it's going to end up in a quite a few sea animal stomachs I would think

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom