Let’s form an imaginary hunting party

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I spend more time on this forum lately than out in the field detecting with all the rain and cold here in Atlanta this December. So I was thinking what would be a great all day hunt with some of the forum members and Youtube stars?

Ok, here is my stab at it. First it would be mud puppy to keep us all in stiches. He would have people laughing so much they could not concentrate on the hunt. My strategy would be to put ear phones and not listen to him so I wouldn’t get distracted and I would find all the good stuff.

Tom in CA would be my partner because he has been around a while and is for the most part no nonsense guy when he is not getting suspended.

Then there would be Calabash Digger letting us know he found a button and wondering out loud why everyone is not using a Deus or Equinox. He also would be a fun partner and I would let him be the hunt master in charge of getting some good permissions.

Vferrari would be a great addition to the hunt for his always great technical experience in case some newbies were having trouble understanding their new 800.

Also lets not forget some of metal detecting’s Youtube stars. I would vote for the Relic Recoverists and Aqua Chigger. Maybe Calabash could convince them to switch to the 800? But Joycelyn and Chig are fun together so hunting with them would have to be a hoot even if we didn’t find anything. And yes, Jocelyn bring Drew.

And if we were going on a gold hunt, I would insist on having Steve Herschbach along for the hunt.

Then there is Brad of Green Mountain Metal Detecting and his sidekick Eddie. They would be sure to find some great cellar holes as we are enjoying their low key bantering.

And last by not least the Digging Brit (opps correction it is Diggin Britt). Be interesting to see her outfit and see how it works on a hunt in 40 degree weather this December in the South.

And of course what hunt would be a truly International effort with out Lance and Andy?

Ok, that would be my hunting team for an all day hunt with complementary hard liquor, beer and wine stops every half hour. What would be yours? And it is perfectly ok if you wish to poach some of my team members.

Last edited:
I spend more time on this forum lately than out in the field detecting with all the rain and cold here in Atlanta this December. So I was thinking what would be a great all day hunt with some of the forum members and Youtube stars?

Ok, here is my stab at it. First it would be mud puppy to keep us all in stiches. He would have people laughing so much they could not concentrate on the hunt. My strategy would be to put ear phones and not listen to him so I wouldn’t get distracted and I would find all the good stuff.

Tom in CA would be my partner because he has been around a while and is for the most part no nonsense guy when he is not getting suspended.

Then there would be Calabash Digger letting us know he found a button and wondering out loud why everyone is not using a Deus or Equinox. He also would be a fun partner and I would let him be the hunt master in charge of getting some good permissions.

Vferrari would be a great addition to the hunt for his always great technical experience in case some newbies were having trouble understanding their new 800.

Also lets not forget some of metal detecting’s Youtube stars. I would vote for the Relic Recoverists and Aqua Chigger. Maybe Calabash could convince them to switch to the 800? But Joycelyn and Chig are fun together so hunting with them would have to be a hoot even if we didn’t find anything. And yes, Jocelyn bring Drew.

And if we were going on a gold hunt, I would insist on having Steve Herschbach along for the hunt.

Then there is Brad of Green Mountain Metal Detecting and his sidekick Eddie. They would be sure to find some great cellar holes as we are enjoying their low key bantering.

And last by not least the Digging Brit. Be interesting to see her outfit and see how it works on a hunt in 40 degree weather this December in the South.

And of course what hunt would be a truly International effort with out Lance and Andy?

Ok, that would be my hunting team for an all day hunt with complementary hard liquor, beer and wine stops every half hour. What would be yours? And it is perfectly ok if you wish to poach some of my team members.

tsk tsk tsk.. umm you forgot someone..

Diggin with Britt.. why Britt :?: :?: .. do I really have to tell you why? :yes:

You bring Britt and not much is gonna get done,lots of eye hustling is about it..If you bring calabash all he’s gonna do is dig holes and plant coins and swing over them telling you how your using the wrong machine.:laughing:
Why not invite the Hoover Boys,they’ll have old calabash a wreck.lol.
And Mudpuppy,wouldn’t be a party without him.Hed gladly take all the beer cans and trade them in for cash.That guy is a walking money making machine

Can we have Cliff and Benz sitting in lawn chairs? We can bring what we find over to them and they can ponder it for a moment and then tell us exactly what we have....

Imaginary Huh? Hey! As long as we are imagining, We could almost do some sort of 'Fantasy Football' Metal Detecting thingy!

See, whatcha do as a Coach is, you pick from the Forum, a Cladder, a Curbstripper, A Waterbaby, and a Park Pirate, then you pit them against another Team!!...

One the Teams are put together, We select a Town to hunt, then we go there via satellite, and try to assess where each one of these Team members would likely hunt! And perhaps what they might find? All in Fantasy and via satellite of course, using a bit of judgement and historical research...

A guy can hunt a town via satellite...For instance, a Cladder would be attracted to all the School Sports stadiums, pull up the Schools website and check out the Concession stand prices, gates, schedule, all of that...A Cladder would know where all of the Totters are, parks, festivals and fairs...all of that a Cladder can tell just looking at the satellite and doing a bit of deeper research...

Similarly, a Curbstripper would key in on the old neighborhoods based upon the houses and yard sizes etc...all easily noticed via the satellite...

A Waterbaby would be looking for the nearest swimming hole the closest to the old schools, as well as any train trestles going over a creek or something..any obvious beaches and rivers below old bridges and fords....

The Park Pirates would be doing their thing in the parks..with their CTX and 17" coils...

Then, ya see, Each team member goes out and hunts like normal in their local area, but based upon what they find and report, that determines the Win! ?

For instance...If I were a coach picking a team, I'd be drafting Sandgroper as my Cladder right at this moment! Why? Well the scouting reports!,..Hes got the strength and speed of youth, experience and documented skills, he's got good gear and great hunting grounds, Hes too young to be encumbered by a job or handicapped by a Family, and its Summer down there!...:laughing:

I'd probably also draft pick Meggie as my Waterbaby...for a lot of the same reasons as Sandgroper, except for the Strength of Youth issue, they are nearly identical! ...:laughing:..I'd generally go with Roman Digger, or a lot of the Northern Hemisphere guys, but not right now...they will all be frozen out soon...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom