Whats your thoughts on where to hunt???

mitocondriac

Ok still very green to this, but i searched the site but couldn't find a thread i'm sure is out there. When you show up to a park how do you figure where you want to hunt? Trees (shaded areas), picnic tables, open fields, practice fields, I find myself so overwhelmed when I show up just curious what some of you vets think.

You want to eventually search every square inch of that park , but to start out with you want to hit the areas where the most people have spent the most time , the down side to this is thats where everybody else with a detector has tried too. But that will give you some idea of what that park is going to produce. Then move on to other areas where people would hang out , trees , hills , etc. Then move on to the areas where you might think nobody goes much , these areas in the park can really pay off since they have recieved less pressure from other detectorists. Remember that over the years the park has usually changed a LOT. Stands of trees or bushes or an empty corner may have been the original location of some playground equipment or a picnic table , or even a concession stand at one time.

Back
Top Bottom