Review- Minelab CTX 3030 1st Month

Great review!! I find the ctx loves Indian heads too.

My only slight thing with it is holding the pinpoint trigger down can be challenging. You need good finger dexterity or a long pointer finger. I hold my thumb on the screen surround and pull the pinpoint trigger to get the leverage I need when I pinpoint which in not a lot because I usually walk the coil off the target or pinpoint by turning 90 on it

that is just an awesome review. I have had mine for about a week...but did not take it out like I wanted to it had no cover and was a loaner till mine arrives tonight. So your review is dead ON!!! I have found some first..a first barber dime and a OLD token along with about 15 wheats in a few hunts. Great machine and owe alot to you Gone you have helped me a ton and now having my own machine time to knock them dead. WE will keep in touch for sure and have a wonderful safe 4th.

HH,
AFMIKE

Awesome, sounds like good equipment to build on, but not just yet for me. I like to let the dust settle on first run models and wait for the revisions and updated version. Get out there and beat on it for a year and lets see if anything falls off :lol:

Awesome, sounds like good equipment to build on, but not just yet for me. I like to let the dust settle on first run models and wait for the revisions and updated version. Get out there and beat on it for a year and lets see if anything falls off :lol:

This is my same thought. Let's give it some time and we shall see how it works out. Everybody loves their new machines, we need time for more people to test them and compare them not only to the etracks but to all other top of line detectors, only then we will really know how the 3030 really compares. I would love to see some comparison videos in the future to see the speed and depth or this detector.

that is just an awesome review. I have had mine for about a week...but did not take it out like I wanted to it had no cover and was a loaner till mine arrives tonight. So your review is dead ON!!! I have found some first..a first barber dime and a OLD token along with about 15 wheats in a few hunts. Great machine and owe alot to you Gone you have helped me a ton and now having my own machine time to knock them dead. WE will keep in touch for sure and have a wonderful safe 4th.

HH,
AFMIKE
No problem Mike I am glad that I could help.. I learn something new everyday with it.. You have a great 4th also..

This is my same thought. Let's give it some time and we shall see how it works out. Everybody loves their new machines, we need time for more people to test them and compare them not only to the etracks but to all other top of line detectors, only then we will really know how the 3030 really compares. I would love to see some comparison videos in the future to see the speed and depth or this detector.
I don't think you will have to wait long for the comparison vids to come out.. I hunted some of the same spots that all my current and previous detectors have hunted and it was still able to pull finds, most in the pics, that the others just couldn't get the lock on.. I won't be posting direct videos with comparisons with machines, cause I will get guys screaming bias and I don't have this or that setting done right, and I don't like to argue about the findings cause I won't be able to please everybody. The ones that would agree with the findings, already know what it is capable of, so it really does no good. :lol: I guess they will have to take my word on it. I will be shooting a speed and depth video as soon as I get over to one of my field hunting spots.. most of the targets here are around 8 inches at the most.. some are deeper but there are not as common. thanks for the replies and views.. Good luck this weekend..
:grin:

Great Review

Like you , I believe in having the best tool to do the job. I have put numerous hours on the Etrac this past year and have become one with the machine. However , I will say , your review has me thinking about the Ctx. Great review.

Great review. Keep working on me...you may get me to replace my DFX, yet.:lol:
lol they are both great machines. See if you can find somebody local to you and try it out.. I have learned several, several times to trust it.. I have tried to make the iffy signals become a coin and it just doesn't work.:lol:

Like you , I believe in having the best tool to do the job. I have put numerous hours on the Etrac this past year and have become one with the machine. However , I will say , your review has me thinking about the Ctx. Great review.
I have told several of my E-Trac buddies' that the E-Trac is hard to beat.. I still have problems trusting CTX when I get an iffy... So many times with the Trac that I had iffy's and it would turn out to be a coin.. The CTX seems, for me, that if it isn't a solid tone, it just isn't good...no matter how hard you try... Which is good, just getting the E-Trac way out of my head, is going to take some time... you guys can email me [email protected], if you get one and need help, I don't mind helping.. I have been talking with one of the testers and he told me if I liked using the 5inch Sunray on the Trac, that the 6inch on the CTX is really impressive.. Just waiting for the release.. will definitely give a review of it, and possibly the 17 inch but really don't have a need for that big of coil...

Back
Top Bottom