Learned something new on my Delta

Dig-on

Forum Supporter
I recently purchased a 11"DD coil for my Delta. My first DD coil ever. I love it, but also discovered the rusty bottle cap dilemma that is spoken about often with the DD coils. I went to a spot that is not very large, but is very trashy. It is an outside basketball court. I have hunted this area a few times with my other machines in the past. I hunted it for the first time last weekend with the new coil. Quarters normally come in around 88-89 on my Delta. I was getting some great repeatable signals that bounced from 89-92. Above 90 and the 50 cent icon lights up above quarter. After digging 5 rusty caps and laughing at myself I remembered that on the Delta you can notch out the 50 cent area. Just like magic those signals were gone :) Just wanted to share this for the Delta users.

HH

Good Stuff !! Thanks for the pointer....I suppose unfortunately you also notch out the "so" frequently found 50 cent pieces :)

Yeah those 50 cent pieces are few and far between. I can always go back over the area again with the concentric coil just in case.

Back
Top Bottom