1884 Church...Here I come...:)

Wilvekio69

Just got off the phone with a gentleman I met last week who is on the board of directors for this old church and I will be heading out at 10am tomorrow to meet him. Here is the picture of the church. It sits on his land and he is going to show me all of his and some other property as well. All the surrounding properties were homesteaded in the mid/late 1800's, so I am hoping to find some good stuff. Hopefully, the weather cooperates. I am also hoping to upload some pics as well in the near future.

William

Attachments

• 1044px-Greasewood_Finnish_Apostolic_Lutheran_Church_-_Adams_Oregon (800x600).jpg
    1044px-Greasewood_Finnish_Apostolic_Lutheran_Church_-_Adams_Oregon (800x600).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 339
The area has been farm land since the closing of the church...I do not know the date but will find out tomorrow...I will video my arrival and the surrounding areas and post them sometime...:)

William

Good luck with your hunt hopefully you find something good... But remember you have to share the wealth :D

Be sure to dig those lower conductive targets. Supposedly old churches like that are good for gold coins. Folks lost their tithes!

w

That's a really beautiful old church. Love the gothic windows. It is poignant to think of all the hymns sung in it, all the prayers that floated up through the roof trusses, all the joy of the marryings and christenings, the aching hearts for the dead and the utter glee on the faces of the little kids once those long sermons had ended.
I hope the things you find give you satisfaction, as well as a sense of the folks that lost them.

Back
Top Bottom