The Bear At The Bar

Stevo

Forum Supporter
A young(2 yr. old) bear found its way into a fairly urban area outside of my workplace. It probably got kicked out by Mom, and was trying to figure out this crazy world. At one point, I was about 5 feet away, and backed off a bit.

Attachments

• bearpic1.jpg
    bearpic1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 111
  • bearpic2.jpg
    bearpic2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 105
Someone needs to do the bear a favor

Get a stick and make him very, very afraid of humans. Probably save his life in the long run. May keep someone from getting killed or crippled too.
I hate cruelty to animals, but this bear has already come into contact with humans and if he/she is to live to adulthood, he/she needs to be very wary of people.
HH,
John Morton

Get a stick and make him very, very afraid of humans. Probably save his life in the long run. May keep someone from getting killed or crippled too.
I hate cruelty to animals, but this bear has already come into contact with humans and if he/she is to live to adulthood, he/she needs to be very wary of people.
HH,
John Morton

I was thinking the same thing, JM. The Duluth-Superior area is surrounded by woods. The local wildlife often acclimates to whatever safety and food is available. Bobcats, moose, wolves, deer and mountain lions all inhabit this area and show themselves, occasionally. When forage is scarce, the bears come into town and hit the apple trees and garbage cans. Most of the other bears I've encountered usually can't get away fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom