WOO-HOO Hobo shack yields old silver

mxtswinger

Elite Member
Went back to the hobo shack today. Decided to crawl under there since it was too cold for black widows. BINGO! My first Half Dime, 1853. Been dyin to find one of these. This one ain't pretty (yet) since it has some type of corrosion on it. Hopefully it will clean up nice.

Attachments

• DSCN2692.jpg
    DSCN2692.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN2695.jpg
    DSCN2695.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN2696.jpg
    DSCN2696.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 195
Them HOBO's were living it up in the 1800's. 1/2 dime back then is probably equal to $20 today, after inflation.

Betcha the hobo who lost it didn't drink any Boone's Farm for a month after that loss.

Roger B said:
Nice find! Those Hobo's must be carrying some interesting coins. :lol:

In case some folks missed the first post on this place, the hobos were there during WWII (probably draft dodgers :lol:). I believe they were the last human occupants here. The house was converted to a chicken coop sometime thereafter. I'm thinking that could be the reason this silver was corroded. Here's a couple pics after some cleaning experiments. I'll never sell it, and it was so grody, so I had to try somethin. :D

Attachments

• DSCN2697.jpg
    DSCN2697.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN2699.jpg
    DSCN2699.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 175
Great find mxt! I glad the black widows did retreat so that you could capitalize on the coin you have been wanting to find. Congrats! :yes:

Grreat find there mxt, now all I have to do is find a hobo shack or ask myself, I I were a hobo where would I hang out? :?: :?:

Back
Top Bottom