I Get Too Excited

Greenriver Greg

When I see this, and it turns out to be that. From now on I'm adopting a ho hum scepticism about everything I excavate....sure I will. 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20190314_123445-600x764.jpg
    20190314_123445-600x764.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 379
  • 20190314_205832.jpg
    20190314_205832.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 302
Just what we go through.
It goes the other way too, sometimes.
I dug this thing on the site of some older knocked down homes.
Totally encrusted with dirt and dried clay, it looked like just some piece of useless junk and was about to throw it in my trash bag...then I rubbed it hard for awhile.
Letters started to emerge.
It took awhile but eventually this really cool thing emerged with not only history back to 1903 but a surprisingly rich history of the manufacturer.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=244805

Of course sometimes you see something like a silver edge in the dirt and it turns out to be exactly what you hoped and dreamed it would be.
We live for that, we live for all of it because that is the hobby and it ain't for sissies.

Just what we go through.
It goes the other way too, sometimes.
I dug this thing on the site of some older knocked down homes.
Totally encrusted with dirt and dried clay, it looked like just some piece of useless junk and was about to throw it in my trash bag...then I rubbed it hard for awhile.
Letters started to emerge.
It took awhile but eventually this really cool thing emerged with not only history back to 1903 but a surprisingly rich history of the manufacturer.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=244805

Of course sometimes you see something like a silver edge in the dirt and it turns out to be exactly what you hoped and dreamed it would be.
We live for that, we live for all of it because that is the hobby and it ain't for sissies.

Now that is a cool piece of historic hardware!!

A memorable time for me was seeing a gold round rim, and with reeds. Turned out being a smashed screw cap. It sure looked good!

A memorable time for me was seeing a gold round rim, and with reeds. Turned out being a smashed screw cap. It sure looked good!

I got a little disheartened with the "gold" Avon ring, but I got to thinking about it and realized, I'm outside, playing in the dirt, getting the occasional adrenaline rush and having a great time... it's all good. HH

LOL!
Made your heart skip a bit, I bet!
Been there myself!
Yeah, I got to grinning. I carefully set up the photo making sure the lighting was right to capture the historic reveal. Talk about feeling like a goof when I tried to push the dirt plug from the center and it didn't budge. :no: :?: :mad::lol:
The real stuff can't hide from me forever, I'll get it tomorrow.

I hope I never get to the point that my heart rate does not go up just a little when I see what appears to be a ring in the scoop or coming out of the dirt Its part of the fun of detecting.

Back
Top Bottom