Bad Boy, Bad Boy, What ya Going to do When They Come for You?

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
So much fun!! I come out of the water to two Detroit police officers on shore. I am thinking, NOT AGAIN! Saw they had Harbormaster badges also.

Asked me if I was bottle hunting. I said no, gold and silver. Asked if I found any. I said no gold just silver. Said have a great day and THAT WAS IT!!

Didn't ask my name, didn't tell me I was illegal NOTHING. Strange.

Anyway, another quiet day and few targets. I haven't found another pocket of anything out there recently. I know I didn't get it all. The muck is just too thick before I hit gravel in a lot of places. Over a foot thick.

I did get a 1944 merc, a 1943 war nickel, a 1941 Jefferson and a 1944 wheat. Four beach locker tags a couple swim buckles and another woman's water shoe. Not the same kind so Kapi must have replaced the pair and got a different pair and lost one of them. I also found a different kind of hammer.

Last edited:
After "Forged in fire" became popular i would feebay that hammer. Heck around here railroad track a foot long sells for big bucks since anvils are hard to find.

Congrats on some cool stuff. "Bottle hunting"? WTH is that about? :?:

Definitely not a cross peen, looks more like a straight peen, but with a sharper edge. Maybe a hot cut hammer? I have tinkered with blacksmithing a few times, but I don't know the tools well.

Either way, it is an uncommon freshwater Hammerhead! Nice find!

LOL more common than you think. I seem to get a few a year. Luckily they are all toothless., some have claws though.

I found axe heads in the water. No hammers. But I did find a circular saw blade next to a dock once. Scary to think of all the sharp stuff down there.

Steve, I have found axe heads, hatchets, razor blades, over 100 knives and plenty of other crazy things down there. Not to mention all the broken glass everywhere.

Hope you find some awesome things this year.

Back
Top Bottom