IPhone return turns into $50

MTJosh

Elite Member
Was kayaking Sunday morning. Found dry bag with iPhone in it. Was down to 3% charge. While loading gear in the truck phone rings. Was the owner. She was very excited. She came to pick it up. I don't care about a reward. I like helping. She said she had great luck in me finding the phone. She hands me a scratcher lottery ticket saying hope luck continues. Luck did. Was $50 winning ticket.

My friend found $21 cash in a bag. Good morning of river booty.

Went black out in evening. Got to ride in sheriff air boat then. Helped save kid in rapid. Caught up with 8yr old kid half mile downstream. Got him to safety. Then paddled back up to rapid. Dad foolishly swam across. Can't paddle to mom. No safe trail on land Did near mile hike into desert to wash. Then down to her. She was freaking and crying not knowing if her son was alive. She basically collapsed with relief when I got to her. My friend was on phone with Sheriff. When air boat arrived got ride back to my kayak. Simple 2hr paddle turned into 3.5hrs. Big adventure.

Truthfully? All this action in one day? Air boat ride even? No telling what kind of adventure awaits once a guy gets out of the house! Thats gonna be a hard one to top I will say!

Unless a Grizzly bear shows up in a chip totter with a case of beer and pooping gold nuggets, or the Swedish Womens Vollyball team is looking for a towel boy or something...I cannot imagine ever topping this!

I'm pretty sure you are telling the truth, you are not known for exaggerations...still..thats one helluva unbelievable day you had! Cant believe you had the nerve to even type it up! Good on ya Josh! I certainly wouldnt have dared to put it in print!! It happens though, once a guy gets out of the house! :laughing:

I gotta tell ya, when I ready this part:

Went black out in evening. Got to ride in sheriff air boat then. .

I thought that story was going to really get haywonky. Turns out it was just a spelling error. i think "Black out" followed by a sherrif's ride would have been an excellent addition to the story!

Dang Josh! Hope you cracked open a brewskie after the action packed day you had! Nice going on all the saves!!

:dingding: Those extraordinary efforts are deserving of the dinger! :wow:

Was kayaking Sunday morning. Found dry bag with iPhone in it. Was down to 3% charge. While loading gear in the truck phone rings. Was the owner. She was very excited. She came to pick it up. I don't care about a reward. I like helping. She said she had great luck in me finding the phone. She hands me a scratcher lottery ticket saying hope luck continues. Luck did. Was $50 winning ticket.

My friend found $21 cash in a bag. Good morning of river booty.

Went black out in evening. Got to ride in sheriff air boat then. Helped save kid in rapid. Caught up with 8yr old kid half mile downstream. Got him to safety. Then paddled back up to rapid. Dad foolishly swam across. Can't paddle to mom. No safe trail on land Did near mile hike into desert to wash. Then down to her. She was freaking and crying not knowing if her son was alive. She basically collapsed with relief when I got to her. My friend was on phone with Sheriff. When air boat arrived got ride back to my kayak. Simple 2hr paddle turned into 3.5hrs. Big adventure.

Instant Karma ;) i am a huge believer of Karma wtg bro good on you brother :cool: Your the man :D

Dang Josh! Hope you cracked open a brewskie after the action packed day you had! Nice going on all the saves!!

Funny you say that Dave. That day I found 14 full beers floating randomly from people on the river. Had two beers in my kayak I found before rescue. I did have a beer after rescue complete. Needed a break from all the paddling. Shoulders were sore the next morning. Also from detecting Saturday. More fun relics from wagon roads in forest I found.

That could have been a TV show as wild of adventure as it was..:yes:

Back
Top Bottom