I'm getting a little better

RyanMB

Went out today for about an hour between rain storms and found 20 times more targets than on my first time out. Nothing remarkable but I got a couple of quarters this time. Not shown were the 50 or so beer caps.

Attachments

• hunt.jpg
    hunt.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 298
You got it now. Learn the detector well and enjoy the hobby. That first ring will hook you in.

What are you swinging? Dry sand? Wet sand?

Stick with it. Each time out is a learning experience.

R5

I have an Ace 200. Dry sand. I've only been out for about an hour and half between the 2 times I went out. Found one penny and a couple of beer caps the first time but had fun both times.

good 4 you keep it up one of these times its gonna be silver or gold and then you will be wanting to go out all the time :D and dreaming about detecting its very addictive

good 4 you keep it up one of these times its gonna be silver or gold and then you will be wanting to go out all the time :D and dreaming about detecting its very addictive

Thanks. Tried to go out again today but got a flat tire on the golf cart. Hopefully get back out tomorrow after getting a new tire.

That's a good day out, sooner or later the Big one is coming, main thing is...keep on Hammering!

I have an Ace 200. Dry sand. I've only been out for about an hour and half between the 2 times I went out. Found one penny and a couple of beer caps the first time but had fun both times.

That Ace is perfect for the dry. The 350 was my first machine and I used it on the dry for about a year and a half before getting a PI, and CZ21 and using each for about a year before settling down with the Minelab GT. I wish I had found the GT earlier.

R5

That Ace is perfect for the dry. The 350 was my first machine and I used it on the dry for about a year and a half before getting a PI, and CZ21 and using each for about a year before settling down with the Minelab GT. I wish I had found the GT earlier.

R5

I wanted to make sure that I enjoyed metal detecting before I sunk a bunch of money in a detector. I have started saving for a machine that will work in the wet sand too. Maybe an AT Max.

I wanted to make sure that I enjoyed metal detecting before I sunk a bunch of money in a detector. I have started saving for a machine that will work in the wet sand too. Maybe an AT Max.

Don't get the At-max for wet salt water. You will have to reduce your sensitivity and that will reduce your depth. You need all the depth you can get.

Hang in there... every time out is a learning experience. When I first started it took me 6 months to learn that I was doing it wrong.

If not the At Max then what do you suggest?

The ONLY mid level machine that will do good on land, fresh and salt water beaches and wading in fresh and salt water that I know of is the Equinox. High end machine is the CTX.

Single frequency machines have to have the sensitivity turned down and that reduces depth. Sure it will work but you won't be getting the deeper stuff.

Back
Top Bottom