Killer B Hornet opinions

walleyecrazy

I am in the market for a new set of headphones for my machine. I currently have a cheap set of Garrett headphones and an even more cheesy set that came free with my detector. Needless to say neither set is really satisfactory. I have in the past had the GG amphibians when I had my AT Pro but found I didn't care for the sound of them. They just weren't for me. So now for my new machine I am looking at the Killer B Hornets. I am looking for anyone that has some first hand experience with them to give me there opinion of them. Good, bad, or indifferent, any hands on opinions will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the "wasp" model...Used with both my atpro and etrac...next spring will be my 3rd year with them. Rugged, comfortable, sound good..everything you need!.

Good headphones but pray you NEVER have to use the "warranty."

I had an issue and talked to the guy who owns KillerB. He SAID if anything breaks structurally, no matter how soon after you buy them, it is the user's fault and NOT covered under warranty.

I went with DetectorPro ever since and can tell you, those ear muffs and yokes hold up much better over time.

Friends don't let friends run with KillerB. :yes:

Good headphones but pray you NEVER have to use the "warranty."

I had an issue and talked to the guy who owns KillerB. He SAID if anything breaks structurally, no matter how soon after you buy them, it is the user's fault and NOT covered under warranty.

I went with DetectorPro ever since and can tell you, those ear muffs and yokes hold up much better over time.

Friends don't let friends run with KillerB. :yes:

Thanks for the heads up on their warranty. In my opinion, how a company stands behind their product speaks volumes about said company. No KillerB's for me.

I own 2 pairs and did talk to them in regards to an issue I had and shipped me another pair even before I sent the others back. I guess I had good luck but I love their stuff!!!

A few years ago, I ordered a set of Killer B's, and the headphones weren't working when I got them(faulty cabling). I spoke to the killer B owner, and he asked that I send back my headphones. Within a week , I received a new set of Killer B's and he also sent me a complimentary killer B hat in the box. 3 years later, the headphones are still my favorite.

I have used the Hornets 2 years straight,very nice phones. My buddy has the single sided Stinger model,again....no problems.
A lot of getting warranty on ANYTHING has to do with your delivery as you communicate with the person/company you want/need/expect warranty from. Most anything quality made will hold up a LONG time if it's not abused. YOU running it over with YOUR truck ACCIDENTALLY is still abuse...:grin:
Seriously,do what you want,they're your ears. I haven't tried the others but the Hornets do work well for now.

A few years ago, I ordered a set of Killer B's, and the headphones weren't working when I got them(faulty cabling). I spoke to the killer B owner, and he asked that I send back my headphones. Within a week , I received a new set of Killer B's and he also sent me a complimentary killer B hat in the box. 3 years later, the headphones are still my favorite.

I had that same thing happen, it happens and if you call them and all upset..etc expect the worse. They took care of me ASAP. Get more bees with honey then oil...always my moto.

I have purchased several sets (for several different machines). All of them work great, and I think the sound quality is wonderful. I've had the oldest pair for about 4 years, and they're still perfect.

My lovely wife purchased my Hornets as my Christmas gift, so I haven't had a ton of time with them yet. However, I really like them (a lot). They fit so much better than my stock phones. One thing I thought was a novelty, but I've used numerous times it the yellow speaker switch... If I need to sweep my hole because I've lost a target, no need to put the phones back on! If mine broke, I'd buy another set.

I have used the Hornets 2 years straight,very nice phones. My buddy has the single sided Stinger model,again....no problems.
A lot of getting warranty on ANYTHING has to do with your delivery as you communicate with the person/company you want/need/expect warranty from. Most anything quality made will hold up a LONG time if it's not abused. YOU running it over with YOUR truck ACCIDENTALLY is still abuse...:grin:
Seriously,do what you want,they're your ears. I haven't tried the others but the Hornets do work well for now.

In my case, I explained that I was putting them on my head when the yoke snapped. I mentioned that I'm a skinny guy and did not have an unusually wide head or anything. I even said that I had not had any problems until that point. I work retail and my dad was a minister, so I know exactly what you mean when you mention "the delivery" means everything.

I guess that's why I was really taken back by his refusal to honor the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom