• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver jackpot

PA_Rob

So I think it's safe to say that I had a pretty great hour of CRHing! I went to the bank this morning to grab some nickels, and asked if they had any halves while I was there. Unfortunately they only had 2 rolls, but they were customer wrapper so I was excited. I couldn't wait until I got home to unwrap the halves, so I opened them in my car. I thought that I was just seeing things when I saw a "1968" on the first half in the roll, but turns out I wasn't seeing things! I poured the rest of the roll along with the next one into my lap and what do ya know?! Only 2 clad halves between the two rolls! That's right, 38 SILVERS! There were (11) 69-D, (14) 68-D, (4) 67, (6) 66, and (3) 64! I guess someone dipped into grandma and grandpa's coin collection for some extra holiday shopping money! And as if I wasn't already feeling lucky enough, I got home and opened my box of nickels, and sitting right on top is a 1936 Buffalo ender! in my 178 boxes of nickels thus far I've only ever had 1 other Buffalo ender, and one War Nickel ender! I guess today was just my lucky day!

GL and HH!

-Rob

photo 3.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Congrats on the score! Expect to see more of this - what's happening is that collections are being dumped, because the price of silver has dropped tremendously. I've seen it happen back in the early 1980's too.

Remember today. You were at the right place at the right time. It doesn't happen every day but makes all those rough days worth while.

Thanks for sharing and good luck in 2015. You are off to a great start.

I need to get out to some banks and try my hand at some halves.

-Joe

I gotta get out there too - now's a great time - my last box held 10 keepers, collections are dumping! I suggest everyone get out there and hunt! At least, those that live no where near me - :cool:

Back
Top Bottom