A Few Finds From Last 3 Beach Hunts

joe4077

Elite Member
After a few months off from posting on the FMDF I'm back with some recent finds from new beaches I've been working. After a whirlwind summer and fall I wasn't able to keep up with the happenings on the forum. There never seemed to be enough time to check in or post anything. With winter setting in, I'm beginning to have more time to peruse the forum postings and I plan to begin posting again. I have logged on a few times in the past few months but not that much.

Here are a few pictures of some things I recently found at a couple of new beaches I've been working. With $21.00 in coin being found in 3 days, I don't think these beaches have been detected that much as all the coins were dirty and corroded. I plan to hit them again a few more times before the sand freezes up solid and you can't dig. Also found was a 1953 Washington Qtr., a 1956 Roosevelt Dime, a silver Pandora charm (Rose Hearts$50 retail value), UNC Tar Heels money clip(without money), and a copper ring.

Enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

• 343.jpg
    343.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 683
  • 344.jpg
    344.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 688
  • 340.jpg
    340.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 689
  • 341.jpg
    341.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 688
  • 342.jpg
    342.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 695
Good job on the silver... I thought the ring was gold until I saw you mentioned it being copper...

Good job on the silver... I thought the ring was gold until I saw you mentioned it being copper...

Thanks. I wish it was gold. It rang up as a solid 80 on the DFX. Definitely copper. Shined it up with a Brillo pad. It might be homemade from a piece of copper pipe.

i notice the flatness inside the ring. hope you acid tested that ring, rose gold is that color :lookclose:

I looked with a usb microscope. I did not see a karat mark. It could be plated. Does rose gold tarnish black? I may have been silver plated over copper. Acid test was inconclusive. Didn't react to the acids.

Love those older silver coins! Congrats on a nice find. I laugh every time I see a Pandora item. Women are so strange. They will pay $50 for some silver thingabob to put on a silver rope thingabob and after buying a LOT of those silver thingabobs they are happy. Pandora has a real gimmick going there.

I question that little band,,,,,,I have had 3 pieces of old 10k that were tarnished and turned out gold,,,,the really old gold are not normally marked and with all those old coins, its a possibility, I hope it is gold,,,great finds,,,GL HH

been taking my jewelry too gold & jewelry buyer that has has analyzer. they give instant makeup of item , if it is gold instant percentage of gold 100% accurate ( this one uses xrays ) scrap yards have them also

Love those older silver coins! Congrats on a nice find. I laugh every time I see a Pandora item. Women are so strange. They will pay $50 for some silver thingabob to put on a silver rope thingabob and after buying a LOT of those silver thingabobs they are happy. Pandora has a real gimmick going there.

Thanks. As long as the women keep buying them and losing them I don't care. We'll always have something to look for.

I question that little band,,,,,,I have had 3 pieces of old 10k that were tarnished and turned out gold,,,,the really old gold are not normally marked and with all those old coins, its a possibility, I hope it is gold,,,great finds,,,GL HH

Thanks Gold Digger and Dave. I'll keep working to find out what it is. It has a nice ring to it when I drop it on the table. It might be less than 10k, so that's why it tarnished. I have plenty on junky copper rings that didn't shine up like this so it may very well be gold. I'll probably have to take it to a jeweler to find out for sure.

Thanks Gold Digger and Dave. I'll keep working to find out what it is. It has a nice ring to it when I drop it on the table. It might be less than 10k, so that's why it tarnished. I have plenty on junky copper rings that didn't shine up like this so it may very well be gold. I'll probably have to take it to a jeweler to find out for sure.

You ought to pick up a gold testing kit... they are pretty cheap around fifteen dollars...so rings when they are sized they cut where the hallmark was.. I have several rings like that.

Back
Top Bottom