Detector Purchase Help

TwistedT

Elite Member
Hey All,
I am getting ready to buy a new MD and I am having a hard time choosing between the Garrett Ace 350 and the Fisher F2 (these 2 fit into the price range that Mrs will let me spend). I will be mostly coin hunting and relic hunting on occasion. As this will be my MD for quite a few years I want to make the right decision, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

T2

The T2 may be out of your price range, but its a relic machine for sure. Tesoro has the Vaquero also. I use the Fisher F75 now and its everything I could want in a detector. Good luck on your purchase.

Hey All,
I am getting ready to buy a new MD and I am having a hard time choosing between the Garrett Ace 350 and the Fisher F2 (these 2 fit into the price range that Mrs will let me spend). I will be mostly coin hunting and relic hunting on occasion. As this will be my MD for quite a few years I want to make the right decision, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I do very well with the F2.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=3023

Learn anything well enough and you should do fine.
I use Tesoro's too, and you can learn much from that tone and you don't really need a screen.
If I am going to use a screen, I would want the most info possible and for me that means not only icons but real VDI numbers, too.

Hey All,

Thanks

ACE-350 is an excellent choice. Use the tone in conjunction with the display. You'll be surprised how accurate it is. I can run it in my soil at max sensitivity with almost no falsing. I think you would like it.

Back
Top Bottom