"Dug $18,000 in 3 days!"

andrewjames

Forum Supporter
Ok, I know this topic has been beaten into the ground, but I just watched American Diggers for the first time. I haven't been MDing all that long, but there is no way you're going to dig 18K out of abandoned lots in Detroit. The show is really far fetched, their digging techniques are atrocious, and Savage can be a little annoying "BAM BABY!!" ...ok I'm going to say it, and probably take some flak for it, but I kinda of enjoyed the entertainment value of the show, despite the damage to our hobby... Anyone else?

I know someone here who hunts the Detroit area or has..and tells me about great stories and luck their. I bet its just a place people dont hunt often. Probably a shooting hazard tho.

i have not been detecting since i watched one of those stupid shows a couple of months ago..and i didn't know why, thank you for awakening me. Now maybe i can get back to it.

I wont watch "American Digger" show after I saw the Alaska episode two weeks ago on my cable TV. I also wont go into Detroit unless I am with a group of local metal detectorists for safety reasons. I will continue to stay away from Detroit due to its high rates of crimes.

I have Direct TV,and I haven't seen the show since the first episode...I think they took it off ? What channel is it on ? I must say,they really are two of the most stupid people I have ever seen.....and please tell me...What's the deal with the one idiot always saying " I found some juice"...so lame, I just want to B*tch slap the guy:snapoutofit: :laughing:

I wont watch "American Digger" show after I saw the Alaska episode two weeks ago on my cable TV. I also wont go into Detroit unless I am with a group of local metal detectorists for safety reasons. I will continue to stay away from Detroit due to its high rates of crimes.
The heck with going to Detroit with other people,I won't go to Detroit without Mr. Smith & Wesson or Gustav Glock at my side !!!:lol:

The thing is.. most people who metal detect find the shows to be ridiculous and damaging for the hobby. Yet a lot of those same people.. still watch the show for whatever reason (entertainment value, to make fun of it, etc). When the numbers are tallied and they realize ____ amount of people tune in every week.. it will only help further the chances for more seasons of episodes.

Basically I just don't understand why everyone will mock it and make fun of it, while still continuing to tune in thus increasing the viewer total

American diggers and diggers are both stupid shows that can only serve to ruin our hobby.I hope they stop airing them asap.If I hear BOOM BABY or juicy civy roundness one more time I might vomit.

The thing is.. most people who metal detect find the shows to be ridiculous and damaging for the hobby. Yet a lot of those same people.. still watch the show for whatever reason (entertainment value, to make fun of it, etc). When the numbers are tallied and they realize ____ amount of people tune in every week.. it will only help further the chances for more seasons of episodes.

Basically I just don't understand why everyone will mock it and make fun of it, while still continuing to tune in thus increasing the viewer total

Kinda like like watching CNN or MSNBC huh ? :laughing:

That show is as fake as wrestlin!!!

They will make like $3k the first day and then say we dug for an additional 3 days for a grand total of $18k in profit. But never show the finds.

I've never seen the show, the advertisement for it was enough for me!
I think the general public can see how fake this show is.
I don't see it being on the air long or having any major impact
on our hobby. I like pawn stars and storage wars, but I'm not out
pawning stuff or buying up storage lockers.
Goodluck and HH

Pawn Stars and Storage Wars are good because they dramatize the people not the thing they are doing. On Pawn Stars they show people coming in thinking something is worth $2k and they offer like $50 which happens in real life and Pawn Stars shows people winning bids on crummy units with nothing but junk in them. The shows are made good by the people and minor dramas they go through like Chumley and him wanting to drive a tow truck or ride really expensive Harley and nobody trusting him, or Pawn Stars with Barry always having bad luck on his winning bids. With Diggers and American Diggers they dramatize the activity instead of the people and instantly make the hobby look bad like we're going to be digging up massive holes or making massive bank on some worthless items or blowing up the side of a mountain, they would be a lot better shows if they dramatized the people. I think Bering Sea Gold is good because they try to keep the drama focused on the people, but the activity, the actual getting the gold into their sluices, they are serious, yeah Emily got her arm stuck in the suction tube, but it's a serious activity that can hurt you, and Meteorite Men doesn't dramatize much at all besides some light banter between the two hosts, they do include some science in it like trajectory fields and they always visit a university when they are done with their finds. Anyway, that's my take on the current lineup of shows.

OK. They have a film crew with them and make a show out of the day they dig $2500 worth of stuff. Then at the end of show they always say "we dug three more days for a total of $$$(big bucks)" Why wouldn't you make the show out of your best day?

Fake BS. Just another example of TV making the masses believe whatever they chose.

The Savage guy is very annoying.

You know the head guy on that kinda looks like ole ironpatch..:shock: Ironpatch...is that you? :?:

One of the problems with the hobby of metal detecting is that it attracts the Yahoos - those get rich quick & no work type. I never have watched these shows for I know what it's going to be like.

And it's not all that different from the detector companies who advertise they found kazillions of gold & silver the first time out trying out their new machine. Get real guys.

Steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom