If You Had It To Do Over....

When I was 19 I past up a job in Washington state, the cost of living scared me. I should have loaded up my truck, tossed in the kayak and gave it a shot.....

I've done a lot of stupid things in my 40 years but the absolute only thing I regret is dropping out of high school, everything else was a learning experience (some things took years to learn :lol:)

Do over?

de nada, but I would have liked to have taken up this hobby back in the 70s when I was in college, and would have taken that girl in the campground up on her offer when I was a senior in high school that hot summer evening! :shock::lol:

Otherwise I really like who I am, where I am, who I am with, and my life in general. I am particularly glad I finally found this hobby and especially this forum!

I've done a lot of stupid things in my 40 years but the absolute only thing I regret is dropping out of high school, everything else was a learning experience (some things took years to learn :lol:)

I know someone who did the same thing. His class would have been the same as mine (1966). He's been invited to the reunions but won't come because he doesn't feel right about it. I feel for him.

Mistakes can be like driving a nail into wood. We can remove the nail but that hole is still there.

I know someone who did the same thing. His class would have been the same as mine (1966). He's been invited to the reunions but won't come because he doesn't feel right about it. I feel for him.

Mistakes can be like driving a nail into wood. We can remove the nail but that hole is still there.

I got my GED and even a little college. Served 11 1/2 years in the Army finishing up with a combat tour in Iraq. I have a very good paying job (although I hate it), and over all I have done far better with my life than many of the people I went to school with that went on to college. Thanks to Facebook I can see how they turned out and while some are happy and successful, many have turned out to be over-weight alcoholics that are just miserable with their lives. In some odd and maybe even sick way, that makes me feel pretty good about myself.

As for class reunions, I went to an unofficial reunion 2 years ago at a sports bar. There was a pretty good turn out and even though I didn't recognize most of the "friends", I still had a good time hanging with the few that I still consider to be friends.

avoid all women named helen or debbie and been an airforce lifer, as i had planned. amazing how you can get sidetracked and then shafted.....

Do over

If i knew that when i retired,i would be poor,i would have put every penny i had in the stock market, buyin toilet paper and embalming fluid.:roll:

Worked less, and lived a little more.
Spent less, and saved a little more.

Having a kid at an older age was a godsend, in a way - she brought me back around to seeing the world, nature, and life through a kid's eyes, once again. Thank god- I slowed down and began to enjoy life, rather than always chasing more money and stuff.

Today I'm happier on a shoestring budget than many people who make far more money than me. I bet this bugs the hell outta them, too.:D

Back
Top Bottom