Silvers #5-8

jl1252

Elite Member
I went out in a downpour 2 weeks ago and found the '25 mercury at my favorite old trashy park. Was under a network of roots and with all of the water it was more of a fishing expedition.

Fast forward to today. Hit three different locations. I got skunked at the first spot. Swung by my old trashy park and found my first foreign silver, the 68 Canadian dime. The signal was in the mid 20s and only about 4" down. Wasn't sure what i had at first because its pretty tarnished, but after a little rubbing i could make out CANADA. It wasnt til i got home and gave it gentle cleaning that i could make out the year. At first i was kinda bummed thinking it was just clad. Then i googled it and found out it was actually 50% silver. Woohoo.

Spot number three was good to me. Its a school ive only been to once before a couple years ago with my Xterra. My buddy and i split up and turns out I got the better patch of ground and scrounged up the 42 and 44 mercury dimes about 2 feet apart. Ran out of daylight and called it a day. I will definitely be returning to this school in the near future.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_152718.jpg
    IMG_20190307_152718.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_20190321_200539.jpg
    IMG_20190321_200539.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 332
Nice finds......

Thanks!

Nice work Jeff! Super congrats! Nice pics too :)

Thanks, Jeff. Nice looking ring you got recently...i never find jewelry.

Great job, I found a '68 50% Canadian in a recent CRH.

Thanks. I almost tossed it in my clad pile thinking 64 was the cutoff like here in the US. Glad I checked...

Congrats on the 3 silvers. Who say's playing in the mud never pay's. :laughing:

Right? I dont mind getting dirty for a little silver.

Congrats on the silver hunt!!!

Thanks Worm.

Congrats on the silver!

Thank you!

I guess Grass valley has some silver left! Congrats!

Here and there, but dont be getting any ideas, lol. All Ive found lately are dimes. I could use some larger silver!

Nice going Jeff. Merc dimes are one of my favorite coins.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

Congrats! :hi5: The Mercs look great! :p

Thanks man.

Nice batch of silver. Like the Canadian one thrown in there!

Thanks Vermonster.

Congradulations on all the silver !
I have not found many non U.S silver .
I have a Canadian quarter 80% and a British 6 pence . Out of over 400 silvers dug .
I know my son found a Canadian Dime .
Just don't see many dug or posted .
Well done đź‘Ť Very cool to add them to the collection when they show up.

,Dew

Back
Top Bottom