Can someone explain this?

Those are crazy results.
I dont know much about teknetics. I just looked at their website and they are made in the US and the same copany owns fisher and bounty hunter, Is that correct?

My guess is width of the DD field from the coil?

I have both detectors, I will have to try the test. I have the NEL Tornado for the T2 which has the broader profile (not that it corrolates directly with the detecting field), I might have to see if the coil profile is a factor? I do notice the anfibio discriminates much better than my T2 on bottle caps and tin, and is a better park and curb strip machine. Maybe the wider field lends to better discrimination? Not sure.

I will say I like my Anfibio better, it has almost replaced my T2 which is now my backup machine. Both do pretty well in iron laden sites with the small 5" DD coil, but the Anfibio with the iron audio gets the nod as I can run less discrimination when the ear fatigue sets in listening through the iron.

All that said, all machines have strengths and weaknesses. Thats why it pays to switch up machines on sites. I still use my tesoros and find stuff I missed with the other detectors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My guess is width of the DD field from the coil?

I have both detectors, I will have to try the test. I have the NEL Tornado for the T2 which has the broader profile (not that it corrolates directly with the detecting field), I might have to see if the coil profile is a factor? I do notice the anfibio discriminates much better than my T2 on bottle caps and tin, and is a better park and curb strip machine. Maybe the wider field lends to better discrimination? Not sure.

I will say I like my Anfibio better, it has almost replaced my T2 which is now my backup machine. Both do pretty well in iron laden sites with the small 5" DD coil, but the Anfibio with the iron audio gets the nod as I can run less discrimination when the ear fatigue sets in listening through the iron.

All that said, all machines have strengths and weaknesses. Thats why it pays to switch up machines on sites. I still use my tesoros and find stuff I missed with the other detectors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Excellent thoughts,the “aperture” is likely wider,allowing for better ID and discrimination as long as the target isn’t quite this tight in junk. This would also allow for more depth I’d assume,and reports are that the Anfibio is “very deep”,however that is being measured.
Nice input Fish!

As I understand the Anfibio, its not a true operating Multifreq? Meaning unlike the NOX which is running two freqs at the same time, (Like a CZ20) the Anfibio is 'single freq operational' with several other freqs available to select from?:?:

If you're a true relic hunter and your main goal is to separate ferrous from non-ferrous targets it's hard to beat a Tesoro Tejon when paired with a 5.75" concentric search coil. The key here is using a 'concentric' search coil on the Tejon because a 9" x 8" concentric search coil does nearly as well but covers more ground and is a tad deeper. Note in the video that the discrimination is set just barely high enough to discriminate out the nails. At that setting, you're still able to hear the popping and crackling of the nails to let you know that they are there. Also, note in the test video that a nickel (a low conductor) is being used instead of an IH penny (a high conductor) which would have made the test even easier. If you want to see how good your detector is, lay a nail on the ground, set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out the nail and then lay a coin halfway down the length of the nail where it's almost touching it. Now swing your search coil down the length of the nail and see what happens.

Test Video

beephead

If you're a true relic hunter and your main goal is to separate ferrous from non-ferrous targets it's hard to beat a Tesoro Tejon when paired with a 5.75" concentric search coil. The key here is using a 'concentric' search coil on the Tejon because a 9" x 8" concentric search coil does nearly as well but covers more ground and is a tad deeper. Note in the video that the discrimination is set just barely high enough to discriminate out the nails. At that setting, you're still able to hear the popping and crackling of the nails to let you know that they are there. Also, note in the test video that a nickel (a low conductor) is being used instead of an IH penny (a high conductor) which would have made the test even easier. If you want to see how good your detector is, lay a nail on the ground, set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out the nail and then lay a coin halfway down the length of the nail where it's almost touching it. Now swing your search coil down the length of the nail and see what happens.

Test Video

beephead

Great Post Beep! That whole 'finding the nails' thingy is SUPER IMPORTANT! Anybody that fully discs out the nails does so at their Peril! Up here in the water, a guy wants to hear the nails that signify an old dock site..All lined up straight out into the Lake like little signposts....

.In the woods under a big old tree, thats where the tree house was..On the beach is where the firepit was when pallets were burned.....A guy simply must learn to hunt for and find the nails!....Nails are our little friends...they lead the way to and also protect (mask) the treasures...When a guy is hitting nails, he's gotta sharpen up and think right.

Test Video

beephead

Excellent post Beep, I use the 5.75 coil both on my Tejon and Lobo Super Traq and you are spot on. Two of the best disc circuits ever produced without a doubt. Thanks for sharing.:D

Thanks! I really would like to see that test done with the Anfibio using a 7-inch or 9-inch concentric search coil. BTW, the T2 with a DD search coil is a pry-cap magnet. It high tones on them like crazy but after using it for a while you'll get to where you can tell the difference, but it's still annoying.

beephead

Great Post Beep! That whole 'finding the nails' thingy is SUPER IMPORTANT! Anybody that fully discs out the nails does so at their Peril! Up here in the water, a guy wants to hear the nails that signify an old dock site..All lined up straight out into the Lake like little signposts....

.In the woods under a big old tree, thats where the tree house was..On the beach is where the firepit was when pallets were burned.....A guy simply must learn to hunt for and find the nails!....Nails are our little friends...they lead the way to and also protect (mask) the treasures...When a guy is hitting nails, he's gotta sharpen up and think right.

Great follow up post! :cool:

I can honestly say I haven't thought about the nails for the old dock situation at the lakes with the ATP, I'm retarded...

You learn something new here everyday if your willing. Ahh, the simple things in life. :yes:

Thanks! I really would like to see that test done with the Anfibio using a 7-inch or 9-inch concentric search coil. BTW, the T2 with a DD search coil is a pry-cap magnet. It high tones on them like crazy but after using it for a while you'll get to where you can tell the difference, but it's still annoying.

beephead

Just start lifting the coil and the numbers start to lower and be all over the place with T2. On a real quarter they won't. That is what i do.

Exactly why I stuck with my T2 and didn't go off an buy an Equinox. Once you learn the T2 it impresses! It's light, fast and a lot more affordable. Only issue is they need to build a waterproof unit. Also, I'm surprised you don't hear more about the T2 though on this site. I'm not sure many have them.

Exactly why I stuck with my T2 and didn't go off an buy an Equinox. Once you learn the T2 it impresses! It's light, fast and a lot more affordable. Only issue is they need to build a waterproof unit. Also, I'm surprised you don't hear more about the T2 though on this site. I'm not sure many have them.

Boy I remember when the T2 cMe with the boost mode. It was the talk of the town here for awhile. I have been contemplating one for a bit now just to habe in the Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom