Xterra 705

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Just read the 705 is listed as pulse induction? Seems beat to me.Cant seem to put the link up but it’s in the txt if get on it.

I always assumed it was beat like in the picture ,not pulse.

Attachments

• text.txt
    91 bytes · Views: 141
  • 01081646-90BB-4B5B-9DE2-E21B2A8E7EE7.jpg
    01081646-90BB-4B5B-9DE2-E21B2A8E7EE7.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 451
Yeah, it's a VLF but the Xterra coils have electronics in them that talk back to the head Differently from most other MD's. I have the 705 but I'm not into the tech specs so I cannot describe this better without going back to the manual. I do love the Xterra and I swear it ID's targets very well. It's stable. Like an old Cadillac.

In the attached files in the first posts it lists a lot of different machines,and it has the xterra listed as a pulse induction technology..I do know the xterra Is different in how it works compared to Garrett,whites and fisher ,etc....So it wouldn’t surprise me if It was pulse induction

Last edited:
I have this machine IN STOCK, (Antiques Detectors), it reads on the box "Powered by Digital VFLEX Technology". VLFEX Single Frequency Sine Wave.
VFLEX is "Uses state of the art digital and mixed-signal components to enhance standard single frequency technology by replacing most analogue circuitry with digital signal processing. Every time the detector starts up, the micro-controllers in the control box and he coil establish communication through a digital data link ".

The simple truth is that the information in that article is wrong. The whole Xterra line is VLF V-Flex digital technology. There's nothing PI about it in any fashion....not even in Prospector Mode.

Listen to Longhair. He knows the Xterra line and saved me at least a hundred hours when I bought mine. VLF With VFlex technology.:yes:

I know, I've said it before, but I really like my 705. Haven't gotten to use it much lately. Looking forward to green grass.

Back
Top Bottom