Fisher f5 pro? Or garret at pro?

hunterinmontana

Forum Supporter
Im considering buying a used Fisher for $400 no accessories. How would you compare it to the Garret AT Pro? Should I dish out the extra $250 is it well worth it? I live in Montana where threes very high mineralization mostly hunting parks, and around lakes and old home sites. Not really just looking for coins only. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

If you talk to the right sponsor of this forum, an ATP can be bought for around $500 new from what I've been reading...

<°)))>{

I had both and I like the F5 a LOT more than the ATPro.

The only thing I like the ATP for is being waterproof.

I would get another F5 in a second, but I wouldn't get another ATP unless I needed something waterproof... And I don't.

I had both and I like the F5 a LOT more than the ATPro.

The only thing I like the ATP for is being waterproof.

I would get another F5 in a second, but I wouldn't get another ATP unless I needed something waterproof... And I don't.
ty

I run an at pro and my buddy runs an f5 with the sharpshooter coil I think. They are pretty evenly matched as far as when using discrimination. Running the machines wide open the f5 kills the at pro for depth and vdi accuracy. But the at pro kills the f5 for not falsing on iron. Either way they're both great machines. Biggest advantage obviously is at pro being water proof. Now you ask about saving money on the f5. Well with out getting a bigger dd coil the machine just doesn't preform to it's best. So price is about the same after upgrading the coil on the f5.

Most important your warranty

Im considering buying a used Fisher for $400 no accessories. How would you compare it to the Garret AT Pro? Should I dish out the extra $250 is it well worth it? I live in Montana where threes very high mineralization mostly hunting parks, and around lakes and old home sites. Not really just looking for coins only. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hunterinmontana,
I think getting a warranty is the safest way to go with a detector, when you are buying used, you really don't know if the detector is working correctly in all modes.
I think for the extra $200.00 get the AT-Pro, it will work well for you
any question call me

Hunterinmontana,
I think getting a warranty is the safest way to go with a detector, when you are buying used, you really don't know if the detector is working correctly in all modes.
I think for the extra $200.00 get the AT-Pro, it will work well for you
any question call me
Ya im definitely going with the at pro

Both great machines but the Garrett AT Pro is the best machine out for the $ and features.

Holler if I can help. Be glad to go over both with you!

Back
Top Bottom