Box 5 saves the day for KT and a questionable error(?) DUMP MACHINE FIND!!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT picked up His 5 boxes of halves at the bank today and upon arrival at the Castle, immediately began to run through the boxes.

Box 1 - super skunk, not even one keeper of any type!
Box 2 - a few NIFCs, but again no silver.:no:
Box 3 - more NIFCs, but NO silver..:roll:
Box 4 - few more NIFCs, and one really clean 1987! :yes: But NO silver!
then finally to
Box 5 - first $100 worth, nothing...2nd $100 1 40%er! That broke the ice!
3rd $100 worth, 1 40%er and a decent Ken proof (first one in a month), 4th $100, a few NIFCs and 1 40%er and a possible lamination peel (?), and the last $100 worth, de nada! :p

So a total this week of 3 40%ers, 1 proof, some NIFCs, a nice 1987 and a crazy looking possible mint error...But KT is not sure about it...would like collective opinions of the Forum Members. The back is normal looking, no heat spots or unusual discoloration. Since it is a clad coin, it might have been a gas pocket in the planchet, but KT is bumfuzzled on it...it's shown in the last pic!

Always a relief to find the first silver on a CRH, but in this case, they came late in the hunt!

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• CRH 06 19 2014 3 40%ers.JPG
    CRH 06 19 2014 3 40%ers.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 276
  • CRH 06 19 2014 11 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 06 19 2014 11 NIFCs.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 272
  • CRH 06 19 2014 1 proof & 1 87 Ken.JPG
    CRH 06 19 2014 1 proof & 1 87 Ken.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 268
  • CRH 06 19 2014 Is it a lamination peel or post mint damage.JPG
    CRH 06 19 2014 Is it a lamination peel or post mint damage.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 274
Congrats on the silver KT! You've been rocking the 87s this year! I don't know what is up with that half though! Its kinda like a zincoln with the pit. I guess it could very well be a lamination peel but I don't have any exp in that area.

Looks to me like something corrosive got it and caused damage. Doesn't look like any error I've seen before. Congrats on the silver though :)

Looks to me like something corrosive got it and caused damage. Doesn't look like any error I've seen before. Congrats on the silver though :)

KT thought it might be some acid damage from splatter, in which case it is simply post mint damage and not a mint error. Thanks for that idea!

KT thinks He will just drop it into the dump bag and let the coin machine eat it! HA HA:laughing::laughing:

Surprize at the dump machine this morning! Woohoo!

So KT has a luncheon party to attend but He runs by the bank early, just after they opened at 9 am this morning....

He is ready to drop the last $1500 in halves when He turns on the machine and it is rattling and clunking so KT knows it is full of stuff. He reaches in His Royal Hand and feels something interesting rattling around and suddenly it slips on his finger...gently pulls it out and.. :wow2: Its a nice looking golden ring, men's size...could it be???:?::?: Out comes the pocket magnifier and He sees it!!! 14 K :woohoo::woohoo:

KT makes the dump and gets a total of 92 cents overage plus that purdy wedding band...BTW...no inscription so onto the Royal Right hand it goes! It fits a size 12 Royal Finger!

Had to wait until after the luncheon to get home and weigh it and get the pics for you folks...3.4 grams..almost $84 in scrap value today!

Who says ya haveta break a sweat and work to find GOLD!!!! :laughing:

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• CRH 06 21 2014 gold men's wedding band.JPG
    CRH 06 21 2014 gold men's wedding band.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 218
  • CRH 06 21 2014 gold men's wedding band 14K mark.jpg
    CRH 06 21 2014 gold men's wedding band 14K mark.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 208
  • CRH 06 21 2014 gold men's wedding band 3,4 grams.jpg
    CRH 06 21 2014 gold men's wedding band 3,4 grams.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 212
You lucky son of a gun! How on earth do rings get in there? Dang! Wish i could find something like that!

You lucky son of a gun! How on earth do rings get in there? Dang! Wish i could find something like that!

It is only KT's speculation, but folks dump all kinds of things in their coin jar and forget about em, then take to the bank and dump in the coin machine! HA HA

This is the 2nd gold ring KT recovered this way...the other one was an 18K 1 gram with jade stone good luck ring! Would not even fit on KT's pinky finger it was so small! LOL

It is only KT's speculation, but folks dump all kinds of things in their coin jar and forget about em, then take to the bank and dump in the coin machine! HA HA

This is the 2nd gold ring KT recovered this way...the other one was an 18K 1 gram with jade stone good luck ring! Would not even fit on KT's pinky finger it was so small! LOL

That's crazy! Hey, gold is gold! :yes:

Holy Cow! KT, you have got to have the best coin machine around! : ) Congrats on your second gold ring from that 'slot machine'.

Not a bad week, KT. Silver is great, but can't beat gold! I gotta find a bank with a machine like that!

I'm no expert either, but first thought on seeing that half was acid damage.

I gotta say, KT, I always look forward to his royal highness' narratives each week. Entertaining and very informative, especially given the volume you do! Please continue to keep the royal court entertained. Long live the King!

Now that I'm not re-wrapping, I am doing two boxes of halves a week -- about all I can carry without killing myself ;)
First box had 1 40% (happy dance) AND 2 NIFCs.
Second box had 2 NIFCs, but they were badly scratched up, so I did a catch and release.

Found $0.70 in a Coinstar reject bin today, too. Nothing that should have been rejected, though, just domestic clad. :( Nonetheless, a good reminder that those machines are worth a walkby and quick grope, lol.

Thank you both for your comments...

And that ring find was less than a week after the bank spent $2500 repairing the machine cause someone dumped some real trash in it...it just amazes His Highness that folks think these machines can eat any kind of metal or plastic garbage! :shock: jewelry is the best for KT but He also fishes out everything from baby teeth to live .22 rounds, gum wrappers, sticky candy (one of the worst!), screws, nuts, bolts, washers, eye hooks, big disk batteries, hearing aid batteries, ad nauseum. No wonder most bank clerks hate to deal with coin machines!

KT would like to find a bank that would hire him to just come around a couple times a week and clean all this garbage from their machines (and keep the goodies! :lol:).

One of the tellers told me of finding a real old silver dollar :shock: in the machine! THAT would make KT's DAY! :laughing::laughing:

And TorqueMaster, KT is glad to hear you are getting some silver from your box hunts! When KT started out He was hunting 2 boxes a week and after a couple of successful weeks, the Queen suggested that He should hunt at least 5 boxes a week to make the Royal Treasure Chest grow faster!

And HA HA, yep those halves are heavy in $1000 increments! That's why KT breaks up His bank dump runs into 2 separate days...first one is usually the 2 box dump and the 2nd one is the remaining 3 box dump. KT has to make two trips that 2nd day from the Chariot to the bank machine, just to get all the coins in there to dump!

That's why you're the King - nice ring find and congrats on the silvers too!
Those '87 NIFC seem as rare as the '70 - hard to get.

That's why you're the King - nice ring find and congrats on the silvers too!
Those '87 NIFC seem as rare as the '70 - hard to get.

amc rulz, KT has recovered several of those 87 Kens this year but only 1 1970 in all His Royal Years of CRHing halves....not to knock your thought, but it does not correlate with KT's experiences so far....but who knows?

KT might just get a roll of those 70 Kens that someone pulled from sets some time...crazier things have happened, like reaching in a coin machine and pulling a 14K ring! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom