A Few Finds From Last 3 Beach Hunts

You ought to pick up a gold testing kit... they are pretty cheap around fifteen dollars...so rings when they are sized they cut where the hallmark was.. I have several rings like that.

I have an acid test kit but I think I need a new one. The acids have probably weakened over time. There was no reaction when I tested it.

Update on Ring

Thanks Gold Digger and Dave. I'll keep working to find out what it is. It has a nice ring to it when I drop it on the table. It might be less than 10k, so that's why it tarnished. I have plenty on junky copper rings that didn't shine up like this so it may very well be gold. I'll probably have to take it to a jeweler to find out for sure.

I tested the copper looking ring and it is not gold. It probably is copper.

Congrats on the treasure Joe..I know what you mean, I think if there were two of me I could cope better, of course I would have to hand over any treasure to myself.

Congrats on the treasure Joe..I know what you mean, I think if there were two of me I could cope better, of course I would have to hand over any treasure to myself.

Life does get a little hectic at times but you just have to hang in there. Thanks for your comments.

Back
Top Bottom