I think I've found a great deal on an F2. Thoughts?

drolen

Found a one month old Fisher F2 two coil package for $180. Its the option 2 that KC sells for I think $240. Going to check it out tomorrow.

I'll bring a silver coin, gold ring, and some misc items to test it. Any other advice on how to check it out.

Found a one month old Fisher F2 two coil package for $180. Its the option 2 that KC sells for I think $240. Going to check it out tomorrow.

I'll bring a silver coin, gold ring, and some misc items to test it. Any other advice on how to check it out.

For about $20 more you can usually get the 8" and 4" 2 coil package including a cheap pinpointer from most of the dealers.
$215 is the price they ALL advertise this set-up for, brand new.

This would be with a full warranty and with a receipt from an actual dealer...something you will need to have if you ever need any service.

If you do want to save that little bit on this one, just take your chosen targets and make sure you get stable, solid numbers by passing them past each coil at a distance of a few inches, at least.

If you are testing this thing outside away from any EMI, the 8" coil should hit close to 8" on a dime, the 4" coil about 6".

$180 is too high.

$100 for a F2 is a great deal, $150 is highest I would pay for a used one.

DIGGER27 hit the nail on the head on this one. It might be better to spend the extra $20 on a new unit just for the warranty.

Calling a sponsor on the forum could get you a better deal on a new package.

However, Meeting the seller in person gives you the opportunity to bargain the price down a bit which could make for a really sweet deal. If the seller won't budge on the price right now I'd call around for a deal on a new unit, and if you don't find a new deal to fit your pocketbook the seller may be more willing to deal in a week or so if the F2 doesn't sell right away.

Good luck! Let us know how everything works out.

Go for it! That's a great deal AND you get to test it first!

Well, I did it!

I planned to arrive and haggle for the price.

But then.....

The lady told me she was due any day and when I arrived it was obvious. The couple was very nice but undoubtedly needed the money more than I did. The nice gentlemen said he bought it two months ago and hah to sell it due to a hand injury. I could see the nasty cut and believed him. I tested it from 6-8 inches on an assortment of coins, my keys, and a gold ring and it had high readings.

So, I took a gamble that it won't break and require pricey repairs. $180 might have been a bit high for a used rig but it looked new and I think I helped them out.

Well, I did it!

I planned to arrive and haggle for the price.

But then.....

The lady told me she was due any day and when I arrived it was obvious. The couple was very nice but undoubtedly needed the money more than I did. The nice gentlemen said he bought it two months ago and hah to sell it due to a hand injury. I could see the nasty cut and believed him. I tested it from 6-8 inches on an assortment of coins, my keys, and a gold ring and it had high readings.

So, I took a gamble that it won't break and require pricey repairs. $180 might have been a bit high for a used rig but it looked new and I think I helped them out.

Fine, as long as you did a good deed you will probably get back some good Karma, at least.
Since you have it, read this...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=116326

Then, when you have time lots of tips throughout this long thread...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53930

We have a club here, some info, cheat sheets and other insights can be found here...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=189

As long as it works correctly you should find way more than that $180 in just clad, eventually.
Mine has found me somewhere north of $500 in clad coins alone in about 3 years, I figure.
I could be off on this guess, it might be much more.
Add in the jewelry you will probably find and the sky is the limit.

Have fun and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom