"Animals come to the Aid of Metal Detectorists!"

Battlecry4

Forum Supporter
Have animals ever played a part for you in locating coins and artifacts? On a number of occasions whist detecting moles, rabbits and badgers have brought to the surface some interesting items! I didn't even need a detector, I just picked them up from their excavations and put them in my finds bag and waltzed off just offering a silent thank you to our furry friends!:yes::lol:

Animals

Animal not really helping but just the oppisite....My sister was cleaning her rings on front porch and went inside house for a minute. While on her way back out she saw a big crow come down and snatch one of her rings. The crow flew across street and dropped ring in the gutter on the house across street...dang bird.

Butters

My mother in law lost her gold ring one day and asked if we knew where it was. Our dog Butters, who was sitting beside us, ran off and returned with the ring. He placed it right in her lap. :?:

Attachments

• butters.jpg
    butters.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 252
was detecting about 25 years ago at an abandoned playground, completely grown over, a wooded area at this point, had my dog with me, got a good signal and started to dig, Bear, that was his name, started sniffing about 3 ft from me and began to dig too. I told him ok I'll come and dig your hole in a minute, ran the detector over the hole and got a strong signal, found not 1 but 3 1930s tootsie toy vehicles. what a good boy, of course he was 1/2 Bloodhound so that may have helped. :D HH Steve

I have found several 100 yr old coins right on the surface at a couple old homesteads that have since been taken over by ground squirrels. Right in the dirt they pulled out of holes. Also this fall I found a merc on the surface (I did get a signal but could eyeball it as soon as I looked) It was in an area I hunted hard this spring but during the summer the cattle were in there and the bulls would dust themselves under trees and they moved an awful lot of soil......and at least one silver!

Back
Top Bottom