Old Boy Scout Camp

Nor'Easter

Forum Supporter
Took a few hours yesterday and went to New Hampshire to check out an old Scout camp that was taken over by the Audubon Society. Found one dime, 5 clad pennies and an encrusted 1930 wheatie. Kind of afraid to clean the 1930 as some of them are worth a few bucks. I can barely make out the date. Pic to follow.
I couldn't hunt much of the property as there was some kind of conference going on at the time. Looks like I will have to get in there on a week day.
HH Jim

Jim you just gave me a hell of an idea for a place to hunt up in the Pachaug forest of CT... gracias!

WTG on your finds, hope you can get more.
waytogo.gif

A Boy Scout camp likes like it would have great potential. Looking forward to your future finds. I suspect you're going to find a lot of pin backs.

Yeah - I'd electrocute that penny. I've done it to quarters and dimes and it does seem to help get the crud lose. I've been experimenting with hydrogen peroxide. Can't really say it helps a lot, but the bubbles are cool. (Don't use this method on zinc pennies.)

Took a few hours yesterday and went to New Hampshire to check out an old Scout camp that was taken over by the Audubon Society. Found one dime, 5 clad pennies and an encrusted 1930 wheatie. Kind of afraid to clean the 1930 as some of them are worth a few bucks. I can barely make out the date. Pic to follow.
I couldn't hunt much of the property as there was some kind of conference going on at the time. Looks like I will have to get in there on a week day.
HH Jim

Hunt it in the fall and early spring.. me and my hunting partner hunt a BS camp and really clean up during those periods when there is no one around ;)

Back
Top Bottom