13" ultimate on the Etrac

Duece

Okay so I purchased a 13" ultimate coil from detek, When I put it on I get nothing but noise, I turn the sensitivity down to auto+0 and it starts behaving, I don't like that. It also seems the cord is somewhat short, its stretched kind of tight when hooked up. Any clues from you guys running the ultimate on your etrac would be welcome.

thnx Jim

Okay so I purchased a 13" ultimate coil from detek, When I put it on I get nothing but noise, I turn the sensitivity down to auto+0 and it starts behaving, I don't like that. It also seems the cord is somewhat short, its stretched kind of tight when hooked up. Any clues from you guys running the ultimate on your etrac would be welcome.

thnx Jim

I ran one a few years back,,mine was quiet.
Actually about as quiet as etrac stock coil,,btw 10x12 sef coil was a bit quieter generally.

Sounds like your coil is bad,,but did you do a noise cancel???
And perhaps try in a couple different places away from say a house.

If it is Brand New..... send it back for a different coil, as sometimes it might have failed quality control. But first recheck the connections at both the coil and unit. My 13 inch Ultimate coil works flawless in any settings. Sorry to hear your issue.

Like Roadapple, my Ultimate is super quiet, even more so than the stock coil. I hope it's just a bad coil connection. FYI: the Ultimate coil is far and away my favorite coil on my Etrac (and I have a few!) My only gripe is I was sent a blaring white one, I painted that sucker quickly.

Good luck!

Keep in

Mind, also they are more sensitive, back off from +3 to Plus 2, i run my sef 10x12 in plus 3 but not the ultimate, run in manual back off till you find a smooth running number, Earl

I like the White coil on mine......I can see the coil better without having
to look right at it. I can see it peripherally.
I love the ultimate on my Etrac.....It never comes off.

I like the White coil on mine......I can see the coil better without having
to look right at it. I can see it peripherally.
I love the ultimate on my Etrac.....It never comes off.

Best coil for the E, from what I have read and know.

I tried the Detech Ultimate on my E Trac and then also bought the NEL Tornado. I used them both in my test garden as well as out in the field and when all was said and done I sold the Ultimate and kept the NEL.
I found the NEL to be constructed much more sturdy, especially in the thickness of the coil ears. More importantly the NEL ran much smoother with no EMI or any other weird stuff going on. I have owned over a dozen NEL coils and they all worked great.

Ultimate coil

I 110% agree with BlueDog.

I have 13" Ultimate's for my Etrac, Fisher F75SE and my Whites MXT All Pro.

They are light weight and very quiet.

I run my Etrac at sense 30 manual at all times here in Oregon.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom