At pro questions.

The longer a coin or any other metal target is in the ground the deeper you can generally find it. But even though a test coin may have been the ground for like six months there may not be much difference between that and a freshly buried coin. It can take years or even decades for a coin to develop the halo required for finding it at greater depths than a freshly buried coin , and even then a lot depends on the makeup of the soil and moisture content. Dont be disappointed when you cant hit on coins in your test garden anywhere as deep as some of the incredible depth stories mention , thats normal.

Ok here's a question about the at. Is there anyway to set where the tones are on it. I have an ATP international and half the thing is high tones. Can you adjust this at all.

You can't adjust where the mid tone and high tone cross over, but you can set where your low tone and mid tone cross. By using iron discrimination, your mid tone will then be set to start right above that when you turn iron audio on.

Hey it just so happens mine was made in 2013. So I should be able to hit pennies at 18" then? How come I can't?

Ya I've been digging every target out in the world. The only one I got past 12" so far was a oil filter from a tractor engine. Small coins, buttons, ammo, all have been above 12". Dug a couple 308 casings yesterday that were bang on 9" that gave off such a faint signal. I honestly don't think this will hit pennies at 18" I've personally never seen it. I've also personally never seen Bigfoot aliens or god and people think there all real. Maybe there is a super machine out there like one that got bit by a spider coming off the production line and gave it super powers. But I'm really getting sick of the claims of bs that keep popping up.

Ok on last time I hit certain targets at those depths the rest was using Nel coils ..are you using a Nel coil? I never said I was hitting pennies at 18" and I've only tried to be helpful this whole time but yet I keep seeing little comments of " I call bs" to me that's offensive because that's calling me out as a liar. I suggest you buy yourself a Nel coil if you want those depths consistently and also take time to actually learn the machine. I wouldn't want to think of the hours I spent on mine. I'm sure you have looked on YouTube and seen videos from Bill Ladd,Nuggetgoggin and others who have used the ATP and pulled items from deep down but in case you haven't plz do so. Much easier to watch than to try and gleam a few tidbits of knowledge here and hope you get it right. Again I know you said you didn't want to offend but you call bs...I'm only trying to help, not make a fool out of you, pull a prank or get your hopes up and I don't lie. I document my stuff with video in case ever decide to put it on YouTube to go along with the metal detector tool company I run so I wouldn't jeopardize that over comments about a machine's depth

. To me digging 18" for a stinking wheatie is nuts and that happens in plowed fields, id rather not know its there if its over16"

Yep ya did. I'm not trying to pick a fight and maybe I misunderstood but you started the post talking about the 5x8 and finished the post with the above quote. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a wheatie an American penny?

I was making a generalized statement of digging that deep only to pull up a penny is nuts and that's why I stopped using the Nel coils. Jarrett are you seriously going to pick apart people's comments who are trying to assist you? If that's your intent then good luck getting any help from anyone in the future. You want to <deleted> call ppl out then fine learn your machine on your own like most of us did instead of asking for help from ppl then make backhanded comments. I do nothing but try to help ppl but one thing I wont do is put up with <deleted>.

99.9999999% of the time you wont be finding any coin over 10 inches no matter what , and usually 7 to 8 inches on an "old" quarter is what you can expect. The odball times when you luck out and hit a coin deeper than that are super rare and though it has happened to me , I believe most claims of super depth are exaggerated. 18" on a coin is just plain beyond the limits of the detector , period.

To be perfectly honest, with less than a month with the AT Pro you have no basis for calling BS on anyone's claims with this unit.
I have 300 hours on the AT pro and still learn something new about it once in awhile.
When you ask for help or advice you must weed through the answers, use what is useful to you and dismiss the rest without insulting those who take the time to respond.
That is just my opinion.

I just got the ATPro last week and have pulled a 7 inch quarter and a seven inch penny. It is very different from the compadres I was using before. I am still getting used to reading all the information the machine gives me and processing that into a quality dig. I am under the impression that you can the top machine on the market, but you will only find what is in the ground, and if the deepest target is 7 inches that is as far as you will go, but if there is a target deeper you have a chance to find it. BTW I love my ATPro.

Soil conditions, electrical interference, ghost signals from nearby rusted iron and many many other factors seem to effect this topic. Got my father an Atpro for father's day, his first coin was 2 days later, 1896 Indian Head at almost 15", warped and disfigured by a 22 caliber dent. This was with the stock coil, in the middle of a field 600 yards from the nearest power line. I was attempting to use my prizm to verify signals for him but never got a blip on mine till we had it out of the hole.

My brother is now wanting to get into it and wants me to find him a deal, think a call to Bart is in his future, now to convince him he wants GGA's to go with it lol

Ok so I'll stop calling peoples bs. Instead I'll request pictures if none are available I'll automatically assume their totally lying. Bzbadger sent me some pm's seems like a nice dude just to be clear. But I read on this site all the time and can't believe the amount of stretched truth their is. So you hear a claim of 18 inches on a coin and well the bs meter starts going off. You are right choppadude I do barely have any time with this machine but what if I took it seriously and thought I could dig 18" with the 5x8. Or that some one else that doesn't have much time with theirs read it that way and thought they too could dig that deep. Any way choppadude I really appreciate all the advise you have given.

Hey it just so happens mine was made in 2013. So I should be able to hit pennies at 18" then? How come I can't?

Hmmmm,....wait another 10 years. Remember that almost every deep coin has been in the ground 10+ years. But you still wont find 'em at 18 inches :lol:

I have found some quarters at near 12 inches though but only in a particular spot , anywhere else and I have trouble picking up a quarter at 7". Soil and conditions effect the depth you can get , even when properly ground balanced.

Back
Top Bottom