What a great morning to just be out detecting.

Tinfoilhat

Forum Supporter
Got up early this morning to check out this place:

001-4.jpg

Which happens to sit right next to here :

003-5.jpg

004-3.jpg

I kept having to yank my headphones off after hearing noises and certain that the Boogie Man was puttin the sneak on me. It turned out to be lots of geese.

I found a few coins and a junker ring which says 'Chaotic Evil' on it. HeavyMetalNut must have lost it ! :lol:

I still felt the need to swing so I just drove through neighborhoods. Found a ball field where they were pulling down the fence. It also had a tot lot which appeared to be ready for a serious upgrade.

I actually got tired of digging targets. I only got half way through the tot lot. Total take was an astounding 114 coins ! I am beat. Had to come home and rest up for tomorrow.

Hitting bleachers and remaining half of tot lot.

One nice necklace. Silver with an honest to goodness pearl. THought it was a junker.

Nothing phenominal but you cant be displeased when you dig 114 coins totaling 7.65.

Swing on, folks !

005-3.jpg

Nice hunt in an idillic setting. I see you also found a token from the game of Clue. :)

Miss Scarlet with the wrench in the Conservatory. :)

It looks like a beautiful morning and a great place to hunt (it's been raining here on and off all morning)! Nice hunt!

Ha Ha!

THATS WHERE I LOST IT:lol:I'VE BEEN TEARIN APART MY HOUSE L@@KIN FOR IT! I WISH MORE TOT LOTS HAD SAND LIKE THAT.I HAVE TROUBLE IN THE WOODCHIPS.TARGET SAYS 2 INCHES AND IT'S DOWN 6? DOES ANYONE ELSE RUN INTO THAT SCENARIO? NICE DAY OUT CONGRATS!
DAVE

Dave, I don't have any experience with your detector. Just my MXT. I like the little 4x6DD for tot lots because of the ease of pinpoint and ability to work so closely to equipment. My readings are typically opposite. Reads 8 depth. Really only 4-5.

For tot lots, since you dont have to excercise the care you do in grass, I just dig down knowing that I will hit it prior to reaching 8 inches. I do the handful of wood chips /sand across coil as I pull it out. Typically takes me 15 seconds tops to find target.

Man that's a lot of loot! Nice job. Think I'll try your method in the next tot-lot I hit. I try to find the target with my probe and end-up pushing it down to the clay before I get it. Grabbing hand-fulls and waving them over the coil makes a lot more sence.

HH

Rich

Yeah But

Dave, I don't have any experience with your detector. Just my MXT. I like the little 4x6DD for tot lots because of the ease of pinpoint and ability to work so closely to equipment. My readings are typically opposite. Reads 8 depth. Really only 4-5.

For tot lots, since you dont have to excercise the care you do in grass, I just dig down knowing that I will hit it prior to reaching 8 inches. I do the handful of wood chips /sand across coil as I pull it out. Typically takes me 15 seconds tops to find target.
WHAT I MEAN IS THE TARGET READS 2 INCHES AND I'M DOWN TO THE FABRIC UNDER THE WOODCHIPS AND THE TARGET IS DEEPER.I HAVE TO PUNCH A HOLE IN THE FABRIC TO GET TO THE COIN OR TARGET.I WOULD LIKE TO PM YOU WITH A FEW QUESTIONS ON YOUR DOUBLE D COIL.I HAVE ONE I BOUGHT FROM WHITE'S BUT YET TO USE IT.

WHAT I MEAN IS THE TARGET READS 2 INCHES AND I'M DOWN TO THE FABRIC UNDER THE WOODCHIPS AND THE TARGET IS DEEPER.I HAVE TO PUNCH A HOLE IN THE FABRIC TO GET TO THE COIN OR TARGET.I WOULD LIKE TO PM YOU WITH A FEW QUESTIONS ON YOUR DOUBLE D COIL.I HAVE ONE I BOUGHT FROM WHITE'S BUT YET TO USE IT.

First, feel free to PM me. I'll try and help any way I can.

As for the fabric, I don't cut it, for purely personal reasons. I just pass on the target. Most of the tot lot areas aren't old enough to have something that would likely be deemed a significant find.

In addition, I live in a small town. My business partner has served Eastern Tennessee as a community leader for years. He's a fanstatic person that cares deeply for his community. He is the single reason that I believe that there are a few politicians that do work for the people. Because of this, I am extra careful as I don't want to ever do anything that could be perceived as inappropriate.

To be clear, most tot lots I dig in have fabric with multiple rips where traffic wear and tear has ground right through them. I'm not opposed for those that do slit, I just don't do it. I just cover up and wait for the next beep.

Finally, I don't want someone....like a judge, to decide that I'm the guy that needs to pay for new matting/weed barrier ! :lol:

Just seeing your pictures makes me want to dig a hole! That is a beautiful place. From the look of the trees you could probably find older coins and silver outside the tot lot. I know you had to be tired after recovering that many targets. Around here I am having trouble with the tot lot's wood chips having a grass covering it. Makes recovery terrible. Trying to get through the grass roots and the wood chips is difficult. You sure did good. Congratulations!!

Tot lots with grass and roots make my mouth water. No one wants to search them because work is required. A good digging tool designed like a Leche (The Ames digger in my pooches mouth in pic) with sawteeth cut in to blade, will mow right through that stuff.

The area there that pics show and downstream up to 100 yards has some of the most incredible history about it. It has it all. Forefathers fighting the Cherokee for the lives, A Colonals aide getting shot by an arrow while chatting with people at a stage stop. A multitude of triumps and tragedies. I'll have to do a few right ups about it. It is incredible.

Back
Top Bottom