What finds are you most thankful for?

marcus118

Forum Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Since this day is all about giving thanks for all the things we've been blessed with throughout the year, I'm wondering what one find everyone here is most thankful for this year?

My best find was finding out the job I quit was,nt worth the stress. Now working 2 jobs that are both quite stress free. As a matter of fact, this is the first thanksgiving I have not had to work in 7 years......As far as MD,ing, 112 coins in Granddaughters yard so far. It never fails to produce.

I hear ya on the stress factor!!! After I retired from the USAF, I was a police officer in San Antonio, TX. New officers had to work as a dispatcher at least twice a week (nights). I never realized there was so much junk going on at O-dark-thirty in the morning!!!

Dusty

I found this hobby-I give Thanks.

I got started in April and look forward to using it almost everyday..being retired , this is a great hobby. I hunt, fish, camp and make sure my detector is always with me. I have done well I think, but my best has been the SLQ I found in the yard accross the street (no date). I found 9 silvers in that yard. Happy Turkeyday to all and HH

This one. Found quite a few early Spanish silver but looked for a decent French for many years and finally got it in the Spring.

Attachments

• 2010_10.jpg
    2010_10.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 2010_10a.jpg
    2010_10a.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 175
Can't decide beteen my first silver (Merc dime) or first gold (10k diamond ring)................. oh heck, I guess the first silver was my favorite. I guess I'm more coinshooter than jewelry digger, in the end. Glad to have both "firsts" off my back, tho, and just relax and dig it all..........

Attachments

• ring51710 008.jpg
    ring51710 008.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 153
  • metaldetecting2010 008.jpg
    metaldetecting2010 008.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 155
The sweetest little gal in the world. Of course, I didn't use a metal detector to find her, she sort of roped me.....

My favorite buried find this year was a match box t bird.

My cache of no motto gold coins...managed at least one from each mint and even a Kellogg 20. All but one in au or better. :D

The peace of mind I find while detecting.

Attachments

• pomlrg.jpg
    pomlrg.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 132
I probably have one of the better 'beginners luck' stories- literally minutes into my first hunt in St. Augustine, FL with my first MD, I found the lock mechanism off an early rifle. I'm pretty thankful for that, since I have a rather short attention span and had the days hunt been full of pull tabs and pennies, my MD would've probably gotten thrown in the closet and forgotten about rather quickly :cool:

My interests in the hobby have evolved a good bit away from random 'detecting' and towards a more historically oriented, purposeful method, but I am thankful for that quick, good find that kept the embers stoked long enough to master the machine and gain a keener understanding before boredom set in.

I am most thankful for the excitement that hits when ya first see a nice item come up out of the dirt or sand.That Heart Thump Moment!!!!! even if its a penny

Back
Top Bottom