I had to put my dog down. R.I.P. Scuba.

Sonny b

Elite Member
My ten year old Black and Tan Coon hound developed bone cancer and was getting pretty sick. There was no way to save her. I had to make the agonizing decision to put her down today. She is on my pic so I can still see her every time I post. I am sick with grief that my hunting buddy is gone. I held her in my arms as they administered the poison. I don't mean to be a drag on a holiday but I needed to get it out. Thanks. Sonny

Sorry about your pooch...really is awful when your pet dies. I know you can't ever replace your dog, but it might help you to start anew with a new dog. :)

I hate to hear it but she is better off and not going through any pain.You did the right thing even though it doesn't feel like it atm.

I understand what you are going through. We had to put down my wife's house dog two years ago. Whe had him for over 10 years and he also had bone cancer. Lisa held him as he passed on. It was rough but she is glad now that she did it. I am truly sorry to hear about you losing a friend and hunting buddy. Trust me, I know that she was more that a dog. You are in my thoughts.

Doug

Hello Sonny you may be second guessing what you did,but believe me you did the right thing. It's never easy to let go I went threw the same thing but I wasn't smart about it. I let my dog go to the end.I look back at pictures of him and he looks like he went threw the Holocaust.If I could do it over I would have done what you did today.
Only a pet owner knows what you are felling with the lose of Scuba.
It ain't easy ,but know you did the right thing.
My condolences to you.

al

My best friend of 15 years passed over several years ago. And I still miss him but lice goes no and since I don't beleive that death is a ending, only a new beginning in another place and time. I feel that he and I will meet again. I am sure it will be the same with you and your best friend. Who knows maybe next time he will get to rub your ears.:D

That terrible Sonny, Sorry to hear this.....we have a 10 yr old german shepherd and things aren't looking good for him. :( Our prayers are with you my friend.

Sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is almost like losing a family member. Take some time to grieve but do like Bonesquat suggested, get another pup as soon as you feel up to it.

I can understand the pain you are having. We've been dealing with our critically ill 1 1/2 yr old coon hound for the last week. I never thought I could get so attached. I'm so sorry you had to make that kind of decision. You know you did the right thing but it doesnt stop the pain in your heart. I'm sorry.

Thank you all so very kindly for posting. It really helps to hear from my friendly friends in a time of need. Sonny

Sorry to hear about your dog its never a easy loss. We had a dog when I was a kid and it got bone cancer also we had to have it put down also so I know how you feel .

Harold

Sorry to hear about your dog its never a easy loss. We had a dog when I was a kid and it got bone cancer also we had to have it put down also so I know how you feel .

Harold

Thanks Harold. I just told my wife 15 minutes ago that I hoped you saw this and would comment. It made me feel better. I will go tell her you chimed in. Thanks again brother.

Please stand tall !!!

Thanks, I am trying to stand tall but my knees are feeling weak. I'll get it together though. Thanks to you guys and gals input. You know, Scuba loved to go metal detecting and digging, she just wasn't able to identify targets very well. So I bought an ACE 250:D. Thats my first smile in 3 days. Thanks

Sorry for your loss. We get so attached to our pets. I ran over our Dachshund this summer and had to have him put down. I never felt so bad.

Back
Top Bottom