Whites Surfmaster P1

Wolfhound

Im just purchased a used Whites Surfmaster P1. Does anyone have any experience or advice using the machine on the beach or land? I would be curious about peoples opinion on the machine Thanks.

I am not sure if finderezz is a memeber here or not but he uses one in Miami and is killing it there with gold. I will send him this link and he should jump in. Steve is a great guy and we hunt with him from time to time.....

Hi Wolfhound, this is finderzzs. I have been using the PI Pro for years and love it...Except.. that it is a PI which means it has no discrimination, and ON the beach is where thousands of beer caps live. You will have to dig them all, as every signal sounds the same. My advice is to hunt in the water with it. Turn your gain or sensitivity as high as you can handle the "chatter", and the volume just above the threshold. You will do great if you hunt slow and dig every signal. So my opinion is I Love the machine. 78 Gold and counting this year...so far. :D

I bought my Surfmaster used (twice). I sent it to Mr. Bill at Surfscanners for his custom tweaks. It now responds to tiny ear rings on the ground in China.:lol:

Like finderzzs above, I like to have the threshold barely audible during the hunt. Pay particular attention to the "double hit" sound of bobby pins. Also, bottlecaps have a "fuzzy" sound that you'll soon learn to identify.

I realize the "technical" terms such as "fuzzy" and "double hit" may seem somewhat out of character, but they're the best descriptions that I can offer.:roll:

Thanks for the advice, you find a lot of jewelry with it?

If you learn the PI and you don't mind digging there isn't many VLF detectors that can't touch its depth and depth is the name of the game beach hunting :) I only hunt with PI's...

isn't many VLF detectors that can't touch its depth

I have hunted with them all and I don't know of any that can go as deep, there are many that claim the ex cal. , beachunter300 and a few more do, but I don't buy it thats just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom