1st civil war bullet

TNHunter

Forum Supporter
I went MD today with some new friends. Richardtn fro findmall.com. It turns out he lives only about 30 miles from me and sales MD as well. He brought a M6 for me to try and I also used my prizm IV. It was a great day for MD in EAST TN. They took me to a field and the up a small hill thought was occupied by Federal troops for an extended period of time. Richard was first to find a bullet. it was a federal round used to clean bore as it was shot. I was next!!! Using the M6 I found a federal 3 ringer that had been pulled. I later found pistol ball and finally a end of a spencer casing. Found several modern bullets and end of modern shotgun shells. Jason found swivel from rifle sling. Once I figure out how resize pics I will post one of me with my first bullet. I was so pumped today!!!!!!!!
Paul

DId the dance and would love to upgrade!! trying to post pic hope it works.
Paul

Attachments

• bullet.JPG
    bullet.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 261
Paul - Neat find ! Now it's like fishing = once you dig one more will come right along. Steve in so az

That's great man. Those are one of my favorite items to find. Didn't it feel great pulling that out of the ground and realizing that the last person that touched it was a civil war soldier? If the snow stays away, I plan on finding several more of those myself on the morning of the 27th in the field that has produced hundreds of them. Wish me luck :)

I hope you have great luck bearbqd. That was my first relic hunt. Thanks for all that you are doing in Iraq. Glad you are home for the Holidays.
Paul

Paul, It was a pleasure getting to work with you and Jason yesterday. The weather was beautiful and made up for the meager finds. I really share your enthusiasm for the first bullet and the other finds. I'm ready to go again after the first of the year. Best to you and God Bless, Richardntn
BTW, That M6 has a demo pricetag now...

You probably know this already, but in case you are wondering about the hole in your bullet, it is a wormed round. After a sentry was done with his guard duty, or a troop that was on alert for a time, they had to extract the round. They had an extracter rod that screwed into the round like a wine bottle cork remover and pulled it out.

Back
Top Bottom