MY FIRST GOLD! Diamond ring!!

chevysoldier

Gentleman saw me out hunting the curb strips and asked me to find his property pin. After about 5 minutes I located it and he said that I had free reign of his yard. He moved in back in 1965,he's 84 now, and said he was told it was one of the oldest houses in the village when he moved in. The village was founded in 1830. My friend found an 1820 or 1830 (we can't see the third number) Matron Head two days ago there. Yesterday I hit it again and found this 10K ring about 4 or 5 inches down. This is my first gold and third ring. First was a 1987 class ring I returned and the second was a poor condition cheapo. Anyways its marked 10K ADL inside. Had two jewelry stores verify the 8 diamonds but they couldn't ID the main stone. I need to get it looked at more thoroughly. Here she is in all her glory! Thanks for checking it out and HH!!!
goml0hf.jpg

dTPx5Un.jpg

nc4fyUK.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful ring. .. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That IS a beautiful ring! Congrats!

The stone looks like smoke quartz, but that makes little sense given the setting. What color is it if you put a light behind it?

That IS a beautiful ring! Congrats!

The stone looks like smoke quartz, but that makes little sense given the setting. What color is it if you put a light behind it?
The very bottom of the stone lets some light through, kind of a light black. The top of the stone lets no light through at all.
Very nice ring, congrats! Black diamond?
Not a black diamond. They tested it with a magic diamond stick thingie.

Nice find! OT, but what's your Chevy?

thanks! I've actually driven mostly Chevy but I've had a Toyota Tundra for the past 4 years. I've used this username for different message boards and such for quite a few years and even though I own Toyota and Honda (wife drives an Odyssey) I just keep using the username.

Back
Top Bottom