Newby from Vermont

rusticbob

Hello everyone, just ordered a Garrett ACE 250 after weeks of doing research and reading advice on blogs and forums. I can't wait to get started. There are multiple State Parks here where I can hunt, and I will look into getting permission from the many local old farms and estates. I go to Florida for the month of February,(don't ask me why), and plan to hunt the beaches for coins and such. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• IMG_3072.jpg
    IMG_3072.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 90
Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

(funny picture you posted :lol:)

You may have already seen this helpful video on the Ace 250, but just in case you didn't -

welcome to friendly

From sunny Florida. Spent a lot of time in Vermont. Hay fields and pastures
will produce for you. Did a lot of detecting in the Middlebury, New Haven area.
Lots to find. I miss the New England hunting. Try to get permissions along the Ct. river.

Hi rusticbob! Welcome from Wisconsin! I am sure you'll find some good treasures with your Ace. I had an Ace as well for my starter machine and it was quite capable!

what else?

Have had the Ace 250 now for about a week. Spending some time at local State Park that has a beach and picnic area. After digging for a week, I realized I needed a Pinpionter. Just received my Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, and a set of Garrett headphones. I didn't realize how loud the tone could be until campers started peeking around trees at me.
Absconded with one of my wife's travel bags and modified it to fit all(so far)my detector and equipment. Have been searching mostly in all metal mode, and I dig everything. Found a few coins, nothing valuable, but I'm still working on my first 100 hours as Garrett recommends. Very happy with the 250, seems to be very accurate and has a strong signal.
I live in So. Vermont.

Back
Top Bottom