• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Headphone Covers

rfaatalrashid

Just got a set of Killer B Wasp headphones and LOVE em. I accidently tried them in a steady drizzle yesterday and they were ok, but it got me thinking. I use a shower cap over my Tesoros, and that's always ok. Maybe I could find kids' doll baby shower caps for the ear cups lol. I thought about saran wrap, the rubber tape that only sticks to itself, flexseal...idk. I prefer coverings that are removable and easy to put on and take off. Figured I'd throw this out there and let you md veterans go at it lol. I know someone will nail it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I live in Seattle and I use my killer B's in the rain all the time and I've never had a problem with them because of it. I think yours will be OK as long as you don't throw them in the lake while they're plugged in

Cut the lower leg off a set of FroggTogg rain pants and thread the phones through it?...or a bread bag wrapper?...any similar tubular plastic or waterproof cover should work...
I nearly cut the leg off my Froggtogg rain pants so I could slip that tube over my gear once!...Hunting in a downpour at a school construction site just loaded with oldies! I figured I could deal with one wet leg, but didnt want to toast my gear by being stupid!!:laughing:

I live in Seattle and I use my killer B's in the rain all the time and I've never had a problem with them because of it. I think yours will be OK as long as you don't throw them in the lake while they're plugged in
Wow, another stinger on the infamous Killer B's! So just to clarify, in what type of rain have you used them? Sprinkle, steady, torrential downpour, what? $140 is nothing to sneeze at lol

We don't have torrential downpours here very often - usually just steady drizzle but a 7 or 8 hour hunt in steady drizzle is a pretty good soaking for headphones and I don't wear a hood. Results may vary but I've never had problems from it

Cut the lower leg off a set of FroggTogg rain pants and thread the phones through it?...or a bread bag wrapper?...any similar tubular plastic or waterproof cover should work...
I nearly cut the leg off my Froggtogg rain pants so I could slip that tube over my gear once!...Hunting in a downpour at a school construction site just loaded with oldies! I figured I could deal with one wet leg, but didnt want to toast my gear by being stupid!!:laughing:
Thx Mud. Yeah I was thinkin basic plastic, or a caulk-type fix. But I guess it's not an issue.... [emoji12] [emoji1]

Waterproof cover

Use non lubricated condoms. They can also be used to seal underwater microphone with chewed gum and rubber band.

Use non lubricated condoms. They can also be used to seal underwater microphone with chewed gum and rubber band.

:heartylaugh: Just the image of someone walking around with a pair of condoms covering their Headphones!!! That's just wrong!

R5

That's just NOT a good thought at all .... picturing someone chewing gum to pack around a condom ...:no::no::no: ......sick:lol:

Back
Top Bottom