Fisher F2 finds some more CW lead!!

WVDirtfisher

Went out for a few hours today and did some door knocking. Found a large yard in the same area as some camps have been documented and asked permission. The lady said have at it so I began sweeping the yard. Found several calibers that I have yet to dig until today. Dug a flat button and a thimble as well. She gave me permission to come back anytime, so I am looking forward to heading back out!! Thanks for looking and Happy Dirtfishin!!

Attachments

• Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 001.jpg
    Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 001.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 002.jpg
    Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 002.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 368
  • Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 003.jpg
    Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 003.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 372
Awesome! Thats a good feeling when you do the research, gain permission, and find relics, huh? Nice lot! Found my first Civil War bullets with a F2.

Awesome! Thats a good feeling when you do the research, gain permission, and find relics, huh? Nice lot! Found my first Civil War bullets with a F2.

Awesome feeling Wolf! The F2 has done me well!! Gonna upgrade to a AT over the cold months and head back out to some of my prime spots!! Thanks for looking!!

That is really awsome! Would love to do a CW hunt someday. How deep were the bullets found and was the pinpoint depth indication accurate? Also, what range were the VDI numbers? Congrats again on the digs!

That is really awsome! Would love to do a CW hunt someday. How deep were the bullets found and was the pinpoint depth indication accurate? Also, what range were the VDI numbers? Congrats again on the digs!

The bullets are usually around 6-8'' down. I'm usually looking for max depth on the indicator. Pinpoint on my F2 actually works pretty good. Range is around 60-75 on VDI but it can vary a good bit on different styles of bullets. Hope this helps. Thanks for looking and Happy Dirtfishin!!

nice group of bullets you got there.. I hope that there are many more waiting for you there.

Any help with this button? would be appreciated.

Not sure if this was CW or not, but it was in the same field. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 004.jpg
    Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 004.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 005.jpg
    Dirtfishin Oct 21st,2012 005.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 276
Great bullet finds you've got there. I hope to find some myself soon. Just waiting on that first frost...can't wait...and as always, HH:yes:

Back
Top Bottom